Why does our Daughter Take Her Shoes off in the Car....Every Time?

Over the past 2 months every time our daughter is placed in her car seat the first thing she does it takes her shoes and socks off? Is she bored as her shoes fit fine?

Sniffles101

Asked by Sniffles101 at 12:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think the best answer is, because she can. Pretty neat trick, ha? gets your attention everytime doesn't it. Wow she can do it herself, and what better does she have to do. I had this issue. Drove me nuts. Finally would make him wait a long time (with the car going and never out of site) until I was ready to put his shoes on. Nipped it in the but quickly.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 5:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I don't know but you aren't alone.. my kiddo does it allll the time too xD
    spitfire06

Answer by spitfire06 at 12:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Mine does it too. It's incredibly frustrating.
    other_mother

Answer by other_mother at 12:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think they like to play with their toes and feel the air. Mine did it all the time for about 6 months and then just stopped. Personally if I could go without shoes all the time I would so how could I blame her even as frustrating as it was.
    baconbits

Answer by baconbits at 12:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Maybe she just wants to be comfortable! Even I don't like wearing shoes, and I like to take them off in the car too - of course I save the shoeless-ness for longer car rides, but still!
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 12:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Your not alone, my DD does the same thing.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My daughter does it all the time too, unless it's a shoe she has a hard time getting off (like her high-top Converse sneakers). lol. When she takes them off in the car, they usually end up on her hands. lol.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011