Sleeping in their own room?

We moved about 6 months ago and my dd slept in her room for awhile but now she is scared at the new house and is sleeping on the floor by our bed. I totally understand, I am surprised by how many of her friends still sleep with their parents quite often. She just turned 9. This is her first time to be on a different floor than me. When she has friends over she sleeps upstairs just fine. It's being alone up there with all the new noises that bothers her. How old are your kids and do they still come in and sleep with you?

ria7

Asked by ria7 at 12:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• My 4 year old still sleeps in the bed with me occasionally.
    iluvmykidsxoxo

Answer by iluvmykidsxoxo at 12:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My kids are 7 months, 2, 9, 11, and 13. They all sleep in their own beds in their own rooms. My 9 year old is afraid of the dark. We got her a flashlight that cranks up, the longer you crank it, the longer the light stays on so she uses that and usually falls asleep before it goes out.

Answer by missanc at 12:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have older children, but they have never slept in our room or in our bed with us. Instead, we found ways to make their rooms comfortable and safe for them. A wave noise machine, a spray bottle of water with lavender oil to spray the monsters away, etc.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 12:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I've never allowed my kids to sleep in our room, not past infant stage. the longest was 16 months with #4 because we had no where else to put her at the time. After that they slept in their own room at all times. We just don't allow them in our room so it was never an issue. Although, when we moved when they were 4, 3 and 2 my son refused to sleep in his own room and slept with his sisters so when we moved back to our first house (they were then 7, 6 and 5) we just put all 3 together because he wouldn't sleep on his own any more. But never in our room. They are 10, 9, 8 and almost 5 and we just moved over the summer and they have always slept in their own rooms since we got here.
    justanotherjen

Answer by justanotherjen at 12:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• As soon as I move to a 2 bedroom apartment or to a house my son will be in his own room. Hopefully soon because he just turned a year old and I want him to be used to his own room before I get him a normal bed.
    CalebsMommy0220

Answer by CalebsMommy0220 at 1:01 AM on Feb. 24, 2011