My 12 year old fanted today at school and she had all her meals isn't running a temp. what could this be I have a call in to the Dr.'s but they are taking there time getting back to me!

She is sleepy andwould like to take a nap but I will not let her until the Dr. calls back she hit her head should I let her sleep?

mandyandthree

Asked by mandyandthree at 2:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Tweens (9-12)

• If she hit her head, I would keep her up until you speak with the doctors office. Call them again, sometimes messages get put aside. If she is non-responsive, or eyes fixed and dilated and vomiting...take her to the ER.

MommasCooCoo

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 2:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Did she get overly heated by a heater in the school? Is clostra phobic? Any change in behavior..take her to the doc...PS: if she has hit puberty..sometimes fluid loss and anemia can cause fainting.
    portakolis08

Answer by portakolis08 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My sister used to fant alot when she was that age. she would get really pale and just pass out. It was really scary. Later all it had to do with was her nerves and a weak stomach. Even someone with a scrape would make her fant. Once she hit her head too when she fanted and bit her lip right open! We took her straight to the ER. Thats what I think you should do, especialy if her Dr. isnt getting back to you.
    nicholelpb

Answer by nicholelpb at 2:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Make sure they check her blood sugar.
    KnoxvilleDoula

Answer by KnoxvilleDoula at 8:31 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• If she hit her head...perhaps you should just take her into the ER. My daughter suffers from a common teen malady that causes all her viens to just dialate and she gets dizzy and boom down she goes. They said she will out grow it and to let her have salty snacks to help vien constriction. She crashed in a Barry Bagles once and hit her head and the ambulance had to come as she had a knot on her head and shoulder...you never can be too careful with the head and neck. Does she have a goose egg? I would just take her in.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:23 AM on Nov. 20, 2008