Wow, do I ever feel stimulated now. How about you?

This should finalize the recovery. Unemployment should drop to near zero now.

The Department of Health and Human Services (HHS), headed by Secretary Kathleen Sebelius, has used $650 million in funds from the Recovery Act to pay for an anti-obesity program called Communities Putting Prevention to Work (CPPW). The program is carried out by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), a federal agency under HHS.

So far, the initiative has doled out grants to 31 states and cities, including the District of Columbia. New York City got one of the largest grants– $31.1 million. Of that, $15.5 million was allotted for anti-obesity efforts, or what the Recovery.gov website calls “interventions,” and $15.6 million for anti-smoking campaigns.

http://dailycaller.com/2011/02/23/hhs-uses-recovery-act-money-to-fund-new-york-citys-anti-obesity-campaign/#ixzz1Enr96fIc

Carpy

Asked by Carpy at 12:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• Hmmm, funny, it didn't help me, In fact I didn't know anything about it. I'm losing weight on my own. This is one of those things we do not need to be spending money on right now.
    itsmesteph11

Answer by itsmesteph11 at 12:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Your title made me spit up my newest Keurig flavor! Now I have to go brew anther.... brb
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• LOL, sorry grly. Send me a bill.
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 12:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think people eat what they like (some like to eat healthy, some do not) & regardless how much "prevention" we have, people are still going to be fat.

I like the idea of helping people get & stay healthier, but I'm a bit unsure how it will benefit our country at the moment. Maybe once we get settles over the debt crisis, then maybe we can focus more on things like obesity.
    samurai_chica

Answer by samurai_chica at 12:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Glad to be rid of her here but I'm sorry she went to Washington and made an even bigger mess.
    wildflowers25

Answer by wildflowers25 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• The government cannot spend money on a problem that involves people taking responsibility for their individual choices and OWN their individual choices... This is a $$$$ liberal social fail project......
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 12:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No worries Carpy.... Jamaican Me Crazy K Cups ~2 thumbs up!!!
    grlygrlz2

• And here I asked for a wii fit for Christmas. If I'd only known the "stimulous" was intended to stimulate me to reduce the size of my ass I would have asked for a government provided one. (NOT!)
    sopranomommy

Answer by sopranomommy at 12:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would like to know when they are going to buy me lots of high calorie foods. Why are they prejudiced against overly skinny people?
    Carpy

Comment by Carpy (original poster) at 12:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

•  Can Trumka have some Fat Stimulus Money? He aint seen his own weiner in years.

jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 1:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011