How can i get my 2 year old potty trained when he dont want to try

mindyb90

Asked by mindyb90 at 12:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• Just keep playing with it, keep asking, huggies site offers some different ideas like the potty danceing that parents do with the kids.
    singlemamma0322

Answer by singlemamma0322 at 12:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• 2 is often too soon for boys. I have potty trained 4 boys now. Only one was ready before 2 1/2. Give it a little time. Girls often potty train as much as a year before boys.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 12:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My son was almost 3 before he was even interested
    SWEETPEAS3MOM

Answer by SWEETPEAS3MOM at 12:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would just keeping trying, he is still young to potty train but make it fun for him,and don't make it sound like work or a punishment if he doesn't then he won't want to do it. offer him rewards when he does go potty.
    momto4girzls

Answer by momto4girzls at 12:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I potty trained my 1st son by time he was 22 mths, i am now working on my 18mth old. It can be a scary thought for kids to completely change what they are used to. I personally start out by noticing when they are going number 2, when i notice this i set them on the potty seat, diaper and all and let him do his business, once he is done i put the poo into the potty show him and have him flush the toilet and say "bye bye" to the poop. It is a little weird but they start getting the idea, after a few times of this i start taking the diaper off which can be scary because they arent used to that, but you just have to be there and make them as comfortable as possible. It takes a while but once you get the ball rollin it gets easier. there will be accidents and alot of them but if you stick to it it will all fall into place. The benefits are amaizing, its been proven the earlier kids are trained the less likely to have UTI's.
    2breath2live

Answer by 2breath2live at 12:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2011