Inviting my sons friend to the movies?

If we invite my sons friend to the movies, are we expected to pay for her? I have no problem doing that, just wanted to know the 'etiquette' for doing that? they are 7.

Thanks!

choco_mom

Asked by choco_mom at 12:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Ehhhhh, She'll probably have her own money but I think since you guys invited her it would be in good taste to pay,
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 12:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If you invite them they might think that it's your treat. I would bring extra money just in case the child has no money. I would let her family invite your son to activities too if you know them well. good luck.
    Bugzmomma

Answer by Bugzmomma at 12:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• If you don't clarify either way, I would think you are paying. If you can't pay I would just make that clear at the time of the invitation.

skittles1108

Answer by skittles1108 at 12:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• when I invite my daughters friends to the movies I pay for the ticket and the snacks
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 12:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think if you invite then you pay but they may send money with her. If they offer to pay when you drop her off I would decline and say it was your treat.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 12:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yeah you are expected to pay but sometimes the parents send them with money. Most of the time if they bring money I pay for them to get in anyway and tell them to spend their money on something to snack on.

Answer by gemgem at 12:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• When we invite our kids friends we do pay for the tickets and offer to pick up the tab for snacks as well.
    MizLee

Answer by MizLee at 12:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes, if you invite..you should pay..
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Ok, thanks for the info. I kind of thought we should pay but wanted to be sure :)
    choco_mom

Comment by choco_mom (original poster) at 1:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2011