Do you think its a mistake?

When women put a lot of things before their husbands like other family members friends needs or whatever?

Apr1l

Asked by Apr1l at 2:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Relationships

• Yes your husband and children should come first.....
    scaredmommy08

Answer by scaredmommy08 at 2:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• yes that is a mistake. My priorities are clear to me...My God, Me, and my family, and my marriage is a very high priority. (alot of people say "wait, you put yourself before you family", and yes, I do to an extent. I need to keep myself healthy, and mentaly able to care for my husband an my kids, so yes, I am a priority as well.
    daughteroftruth

Answer by daughteroftruth at 2:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I think you need to put your self first because you are no good to your family if you don't take care of yourself
    makeupmom2

Answer by makeupmom2 at 2:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I think it depends on what the situation is.Like if your parent was terminally ill, your spouse should encourage you to go spend time with them and understand.but if it is a small thing, your family shoudl be put first.
    evelynwest

Answer by evelynwest at 2:26 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I put God first. Then my children & husband. The rest of my family comes next, and then friends. I dont see how anyone could live without putting their God & family first?
    Anonymous

• I have to agree with makeupmom2 and anon @ 230 because without God and not taking care of yourself, how can you take care of your family? JMO
    LovingParent08

Answer by LovingParent08 at 3:17 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• You'll probably see those ladies on here in a couple of years crying that their DH is having an affair! Don't get me wrong...that's not an excuse...but if a spouse isn't feeling like a true SO, then it's that much easier to give in to temptation.
    Anonymous

• Anon 2:30....our pastor teaches that relationships come in this order: #1 God. #2 Spouse #3 Children. that doesn't mean that children should be neglected in favor of a spouse...but children will grow up and lead their own lives. Your spouse will still be there when the kids are out on their own. (Hopefully!!)
    Anonymous

• Anon 12:32 (PST) you make a good point. Children will also learn to respect their own spouses if they see their parents respecting each other first.
    kathyartist2007

Answer by kathyartist2007 at 4:37 PM on Nov. 19, 2008