how much do you have at end of month?

i guess after paying all my bills each month ,,i wonder what you have left for groceries,,,,,gas ect,,,,,,,,,a week..........I feel like i shld work instead of being ASAHM becuase at the end of each month there is not alot of $ left..whats normal.......? I also feel i cant save which is worriesome

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 4:24 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Money & Work

• Before my sister hurt her leg (two months ago) we seemed to have enough money. I was even beginning to save but something always happened (popped a tire on the car, etc). My sister lives with us and pays about a third of the rent. She can't work right now and is having trouble getting disability (her job won't fill out the paperwork) so we're paying for everything. So lately we run out of money a day or two before payday.

I've wondered if I should work before. But right now I just can't. The kids have therapy (my daughter has it 4 days a week!) and there's no one to take them but me. So I really can't get a job. I probably could work in the mornings but what job will hire me to work for 3 hours a day? *sigh*
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 4:28 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Just enough.... We have to pinch pennies...but I look at it this way the bills are paid and food is on the table.... We CAN NOT go out and it takes us up to 4 paycheck (2 months) to save money just to buy things like shoes and B-day presents....but that's okay :)
    SAHMinIL

Answer by SAHMinIL at 4:31 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My mother just informed me that I wouldn't have any extra money until my children were grown. I was like thanks mom, now you tell me! When I write out all my bills - i include gas, food, getting my hair done and I try to save almost 100 each month. After that - I have none. But after that I don't need anything else. My bills are paid, my family has food, shelter, happiness - what else do they need. This year for Christmas - I will be buying less of wasteful toys and more of things they need, like clothes.
    Anonymous

• Trust Mom, No matter what you make or how you do it, it is rarely enough. Pancakes are always a good way to do a breakfast dinner and stretch the dollar. Been there.
    Anonymous