Do you have a Dyson vacuum?

I have a Kirby now, but if I sold it, I could buy a Dyson and have some extra Xmas money. Soo for those that have Dysons, what are the good/bad points about them?

tytysgirl

Asked by tytysgirl at 2:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Shopping

• I love my Dyson. I can't think of any cons against it. I have had it for 2 years now and would buy another one in a heartbeat, but I don't see that being necessary. When they say that it doesn't lose suction, they mean it. It works as well today as it did the day I bought it.
    Ginger0104

Answer by Ginger0104 at 2:27 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• sunkist19

Answer by sunkist19 at 2:30 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I love me some Dyson! Got mine at Sam's club and wouldn't give it up for anything! I heard all the hype and didn't believe it, so I thought - I'll just go get it and if I don't like it, I'll simply take it back.

OMG! To die for! Get one today!

My only suggestion: Don't wait to empty the canister until it's full - half way will do. And, do it outside. You'll make less of a mess!
    Dawn0522

Answer by Dawn0522 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• How much did you guys pay? If you don't mind me asking?
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 2:41 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Is it wrong to lust after a vac?

I want a Dyson....but I think I am too nerdy to own one.
    Wimsey

Answer by Wimsey at 2:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• DAWN! I didn't see that was you....you had me laughing with the "I LOVE ME SOME DYSON!" hahahahahaha
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 2:43 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I don't think it's wrong Wimsey! I LOVE my Kirby, it does wonders, BUT I could use the extra cash for the holidays, especially with us moving so far away...so I was just thinking, ya know? And I like the idea of the ball on the Dyson...
    tytysgirl

Answer by tytysgirl at 2:45 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I sold my Kirby because after a shoulder surgery and three hand surgeries it was just to heavy to deal with. I bought a Dyson and I love it. It works as wonderful now as it did the day I got it. I love the way it emptys. I love that you replace NO filters only wash one every 6 months. It wouldhave to be life threatening for me to give it up.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 3:03 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I have a Dyson... we actually had the yellow one and had a house fire so insurance paid to replace it. (Poor Dyson *sniff*) I upgraded to the allergy one. I think it was.. hmm.. 400? (Like I said, insurance paid for it!) As a previous poster pointed out - you can sometimes grab one at Big Lots, from memory I want to say it was $250 ish there? Also right now Kohls has an extra 20% off (HOLIDAY20)... if you get one on a sale, or last years model you will still have a great vacuum a little cheaper.
    Serafyna

Answer by Serafyna at 4:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I got mine at Target. They had the olders ones on clearance so it was a lot cheaper (about $200 cheaper in fact!). I have the Animal model. Its the BEST vac I have ever had. I loooove it. I think its acutally sucking up dirt from under the floor now! lol I've had if for a few months & I recommend it to everyone I know. (btw, we dont actually have any animals but that model was the only one they had left on clearance so I jumped on it...it does pick up lots of hair though. I can imagine if you had dogs & cats it would be wonderful for that)
    lisa89j

Answer by lisa89j at 6:25 PM on Nov. 19, 2008