Uncircumcised toddler... adult content

My 2 year old pulled back his own foreskin in the bathtub last night. I mean he pulled it ALL the way back. It didn't seem to hurt him, but I freaked out. Should I be concerned? I was always told never to pull it back, and I never have, but he did it on his own.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Toddlers (1-2)

• YOU should never pull it back... but if he pulls it back it's just fine.
    Join the Raising Intact Boys group on here... it's a wonderful resource of women that KNOW what they are talking about rather than a bunch of women that have cut boys that don't have a clue.
    AmiJanell

Answer by AmiJanell at 3:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I thought you were suppose to pull it back to clean it?!?
    Anonymous

• No, not until it separates on it's own, usually around puberty.
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 12:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• if he did it on his own then everything should be fine.. I think at a certain age (might be around 2?) it is OK for him to pull it back..
    Research more about it, or ask around ur family that has un-cut boys in the family.. (sorry family of girls here & hubby is cut)
    MommaTasha1003

Answer by MommaTasha1003 at 12:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I was always instructed by the doctor to pull it back as far as it will go for cleaning, I did and my son had no problems. If he did it himself and it didn't hurt it is ok.

Answer by older at 12:52 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Check with the doctor.
    SweetLuci

Answer by SweetLuci at 3:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• NEVER force a foreskin back. EVER.

Retract it gently to clean, if it will. Forcing it will cause tearing, pain, and is not neccessary.

Best advice ever ~ Only clean what is seen. The other parts do not need any special treatment, and will take care of themselves. The vagina and penis are both self cleaning.
    Piskie

Answer by Piskie at 5:57 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Actually you are supposed to start pulling it back to clean at around 3 and 1/2 or 4....every kid is a little different but by 5 you should definately be pulling his foreskin back to clean it and teaching him how to do it.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 12:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Ummm, I'm a little confused. I have a friend whose son isn't circ'd. And, she was instructed by her pediatrician to ALWAYS pull it back and keep it clean to prevent infections. He isn't "damaged".
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 12:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• So, I get voted down when I'm admitting confusion and looking for clarification? The post below me says she pulls it back to clean it, as well. No vote down there. Nor does she deserve to be voted down. I know a lot of ppl vote down answers because we don't say exactly what they THINK we should. But, GEEZ! Even when we are trying to learn more about a topic? I thought learning was what the Q&A section was all about!

So - will the person who voted me down please explain why you did so? I was just looking to understand what the orig poster was told versus what my friend was told. Am I wrong to inquire so as to learn and understand more?
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011