What do you do to help yourself relax??

Dianakk

Asked by Dianakk at 12:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• I meditate.

Answer by older at 12:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• At night is my relax time. Dh works nights and my dd falls asleep in our bed until DH gets home. I usually snuggle with her, put on a movie and we both chill. Its very relaxing for us.
    During the summer relaxing for me is hanging out outside in the pool and just floating.

Answer by gemgem at 12:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Have sex or grab your favorite toy! There, that was easy!
    NikkiVan1

Answer by NikkiVan1 at 12:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i listen to relaxation cd's, color, read, take a hot shower or just curl up on the bed and watch my favorite shows
    princesschilly

Answer by princesschilly at 12:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I dim the lights in the bathroom, light my favorite candle, put on The Most Relaxing Classical Music in the World, and sit there and play with my baby in my belly. I also tell my hubby to keep the tv down and take care of the dog.
    LogansMommy621

Answer by LogansMommy621 at 12:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ~*Music*~... Enigma, Deep Forest, and other types that is meditative

~*Reading*~… sometimes a really good book, that is in the recesses of my mind, takes me to a place I can relax!

~*Bubble Bath*~… nice hot, relaxing, bubble bath… with scented candles and soft music!

~*Nature Walks*~… I love hitting the trials, looking at beautiful landscapes and wild animals!
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I "clean" my mind. I lay down, close my eyes, and imagine my mind and all the stress as a room filled with junk. Then I open the "door" to the "room" and throw out all the junk until the "room" is completely empty. Then I "scrub" down the "walls" until everything is fresh, and clean, and empty. Then I keep my focus on that fresh, clean, empty, "room" and don't let it fill back up with junk. I usually do this at bedtime until I fall asleep. It's very helpful.
    Anonymous

• Take five minutes to take deep breaths, it's amazing how calm I feel afterward.

I also like to lay in my bed when the sheets and pillows are cold. The most amazing, relaxing feeling ever!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My nightly routine is a hot bubble bath & a good book. I can't sleep if I don't relax my body in a hot bath & take my mind off the daily grind by losing myself in my book.
    specialwingz

Answer by specialwingz at 1:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• deep breaths & hot baths
    sarasmommy777

Answer by sarasmommy777 at 1:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2011