Trying to get her into the kitchen

My 11 year old daughter loves to read cook books, loves to watch the cooking network and loves Emerald, but she does not enjoy cooking/baking. Do your kids like cooking/baking and do you have any ideas to get her into the kitchen? I'm sure she'd be an awsome cook/baker!

cecyh9

Asked by cecyh9 at 12:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• I would start by having her help you cook. Put her in charge of gathering the ingrediants from the pantry and the frig. Then the next night have her stir the ingrediants in a bowl...then take a break for a few nights. If she likes watching the shows then maybe say after the show let's go try and cook that? If kids feel like they are in charge and they are your helper then they will want to do more. :-)
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 1:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I can relate. I hate cooking, too.

Answer by rkoloms at 6:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Ask her what would make an interesting meal for the family. Be careful as those professional cooking shows have never heard of a household budget.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011