BIRTHDAYS

Do you make a big deal out of them? throwing parties with  tons of kids? or do you stay on the quieter side & invite some family over and a few kids instead?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Love...love the small, 2-5 kid parties with friends and family! It makes it much more enjoyable for everyone. Plus the money we save on the big, big party we can spend on the kids (i.e. activities, presents, etc.).
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We threw our son a bigger party last year, for his 2nd birthday, but only because we didn't want a bunch of people in our tiny townhouse again. I have a big family, and they all live in the city, so I feel obligated to invite them all - and yeah, I'm just talking about parents, siblings and their kids...nothing more complicated, but it still adds up.
    My son's father and I are no longer together, though, so this year it's a small party. He's going all out and throwing a pool party with 30+ people. I'm throwing a very small party just at my house, with my parents, my sisters, and a couple friends with kids Aden's age.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We make a big deal because Birthdays are super important in Our House, but without a ton of people. =]
    -AJ

Answer by -AJ at 1:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I prefer small, quiet parties with my family and a few friends. My daughter will be three in August and her past two parties, we went all out. We bought themed decorations and lots of food and no one ever RSVP'd, so we bought all this food and hardly anyone showed up. So this year we decided to just do something small with my parents and my grandparents. Just do a small birthday dinner and a cake since no one knows how to RSVP so I know how much food to buy. When she's older and has friends at school, we might do themed parties again and invite a few of her classmates that she's close with. I think that would be fun for her, when she is old enough to enjoy it and remember it.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• we are having DD's party in afew weeks and having about 5 little girls over for a make up party... they are 5~!
    rebeccadac

Answer by rebeccadac at 1:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• we do family parties for my kids (1 and 4) since they have no friends (no preschool or anything) so I invited my family and DH family (which adds up to about 20+people still but only like 3-5 kids out of everyone. For his 10yr old we let her invite around 5 friends and i will invite my parents ,sister and 2 brothers and invite DH sisters (but i dont invite all my aunts and uncles like my kids since they only see SD on holidays)
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 1:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Family...
    motherganey5

Answer by motherganey5 at 1:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• yes we do the smaller parties also
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 1:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011