Marriage advice

I'm getting married in April. This will be my second marriage and was wondering what would be the best advice you'd give someone regarding marriage.

cecyh9

Asked by cecyh9 at 12:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• keep your sense of humor!
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Communication love and compromise, make it last. At least it has for me 39 years in March, and counting.

Answer by older at 1:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Pick your battles, let the little things go, and COMMUNICATE. If something is bothering you, RESPECTFULLY discuss it. And respect each other. Sounds simple, and it is.
    DMac08

Answer by DMac08 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Be honest, put it ALL out there, that way there is no surprises. Try to be best friends and keep it spicy!
    HKing01

Answer by HKing01 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Communication is key :).Some of my biggest arguments in my marriage have been over a silly miscommunication.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Dont take it lightly. The best advice I have ever heard about love was in a book by this amazing psychologist and marriage counselor. He said that love isnt a feeling. People get mixed up when they think love is something you feel because love is something you have to do. Love is when you are being completely selfless and working to make a relationship work. Even if things get rough you dont give up...not because it feels good all the time, but because you love the man.

My cousin in law also gave me some great insight into us women. He told me to think about all of the men I have been with and he pointed out that there was something wrong with all of them. None of the relationships was perfect. He said women like to fix things. It is in our nature to nurture and solve. And he is right. If your man isnt perfect dont let it frustrate you...we women are designed to put up with imperfections.
    amber710

Answer by amber710 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Dont' get married. LOL!!!! no kidding aside, make sure you have trust and honesty in the relationship and like they say never go to bed angry.
    lucky35

Answer by lucky35 at 1:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Be open and talk, talk, talk that is very helpful in an marriage...me and my Husband communicate and share everything we own.
    dusty1962

Answer by dusty1962 at 9:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011