my daughter is 4 and in preschool, my daughter is girly but she also like car, trucks, iron man, super hero's, stuff like that and i dont wanna tell her she cant like that stuff cause honestly i dont really care, that is her choice and i want her to feel like she wont be teased for it. she likes girly clothes and 98% of her clothes are girly but there is the other 2% that is ironman or chipmunks, well i try to send her to school in her girly clothes but today she begged to wear her ironman shirt, so i let her and when we got to school a lil girl came and asked her if she owned any girl clothes. my daughter wasnt sure what to say so i stepped in and said nicely " yeah she does but she likes iron man too".
now i understand i cant protect her from everything and kids will say hurtful things and she will have to learn to just ignore it but is there anything maybe i could tell my daughter to make her feel better? even though she is 4 i am still new at the school thing and i feel awful for her. this is the first thing that has ever came up like this, my daughter is loved by everyone, all the kids like her and she tries so hard to be everyones friend, so i dont think she understands why this new girl said that.
Answer by erinwhitt at 1:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011
Answer by mellypoo at 1:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011
Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011
Answer by MomofSteel at 1:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011
Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011
Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2011
Answer by cecyh9 at 1:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011
Answer by SouthernMama08 at 1:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011