I know I'm not the only one out there, so I'm wondering if there are any moms on here that are truck drivers wifes with kid(s)?

I am a truck drivers wife with a 3 yr old son and its hard very hard when my husband and son are so close but hardly see each other. Can anyone relate?

MomofSteel

Asked by MomofSteel at 12:58 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i went through it. then when he quit truck driving. and became the disciplinarian they could not handle it because they were used to me for years being the only parent at home. he would try to call them every night. i know that hubby would come in and sleep a lot to. but there were things he would do with them. it is hard momma but it can be done. right now hubby is working long hours and they understand. my girls were babies so they were used to him being gone. but they knew he loved them.

WildCat73

Answer by WildCat73 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My father was a truck driver, and It was very hard, but we knew that my dad loved us and was doing it for us.
    when dh was deployed I had a blanket made from operation kid comfort, and the blanket is a bunch of pictures of them doing things together, thats always a comfort. they have books where dad can record the story and play it back, so it 's like daddy is right there reading it.
    cassie_kellison

Answer by cassie_kellison at 1:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• as pp said, my daddy was a truck driver. not until i was an adult did i realize how much he was gone. my mom was essentially a single mother and b/c of that, i think my dad didn't give her enough attention (was too young to know better) and they ended up divorcing after 16 yrs of marriage. having said that, each of them regret that decision (the divorce). i lived with my dad, and he is always the go to guy for me. i know he worked tirelessly for our family while mom kept the home fires burning. they both did their best and loved us so much. when dad was home, off the road, he made us (kids) his focus. i remember only good, happy times. knowing now, what i didn't then, i would wish he would have lavished more attention on mom, she sure deserves it. xo
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 1:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My dad has been an OTR truck driver my whole life. I am close with my Dad, it all worked out.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 1:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Thank you all for your advice. I know my husband loves our son and hes doing this for our family its just hard being so young and even though my son is 3 I'm still a new mom. God Bless and thanks again. :)
    MomofSteel

Comment by MomofSteel (original poster) at 4:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011