Do you worry about your kids

even though there is nothing to worry about at the time?

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 12:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yep. All the time. I have an anxiety disorder, though, and I've always been overly cautious. I could come up with a dozen 'dangers' for any childhood activity just about. lol
    lovingmy4babies

Answer by lovingmy4babies at 4:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes. I worry about all kinds of things. With the bigger ones I worry they have enough money to pay the bills. I worry if I dont hear from them and wonder if they are sick or in an accident. I worry about if my youngest dd remembered her hair bows, remembered to tie her shoes after PE. I worry about some real dumb things some times.

Answer by gemgem at 1:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• All the time.. about everything.. I am trying to get better at it and don't show that in front of him, but me and my husband think we seem to worry more than other parents out there and not sure what to do about it - we have to find that "fine line"
    maxsmom11807

Answer by maxsmom11807 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ~*Constantly*~... we chose to have kids, which means our lives wrap around them... to feed, raise, and so forth! I worry about the foods they eat, the clothes they wear, the level of education, and the list goes on. i don't take actions like a crazy person or verbalize past conversations with hubby... but I think about them
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes.
    Anonymous

• Oh yeah, about really silly things sometimes, too. But not like, extreme anxiety worrying. Just little, you know, 'oh crap, what about this' things. Right now I'm worrying about if I'm emotionally scarring my son by making him take a nap...because he's sure screaming like I am.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No, I worry about the things I can control, not what I can't, it is a waste of time to worry about nothing.

Answer by older at 1:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• all the time about every single flippin' thing.
    it's bananas. i just love that kid so much! we're preparing to fost/adopt, and i am already worried about our child we haven't met yet!
    liteofmine71

Answer by liteofmine71 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Worry? No. Wonder? Sometimes.

My DD is highly allergic to certain foods. I could spend my whole day worrying every moment she's not in my sight. But I really, I *can't* worry all day along about her because it's not doing me or her any favors. Instead I work to build her self-confidence and her ability to self-advocate. I work with her teachers and the school to be sure she's in good hands. I help her educate her peers. And in the end, I know that I she's as safe as she'd be if I was there. Worry would be only if we didn't prepare.

There's a right time to worry. Then there's the unhealthy, worry for the sake of worry. It doesn't help me raise confident, self-sustaining kids or do a thing for my blood pressure to worry over everything all the time. ;) I will wonder about them "I wonder how Logan is doing in gym today. Gosh he hates gym!" which is totally different than worrying "Oh, gosh, I hope he's ok in gym!"
    ldmrmom

Answer by ldmrmom at 1:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Nope I am not really a worrier.
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 1:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011