does anyone no why they changed the day for the new harry potter movie?

it said that is was coming out november 21 now it says not until july 17

kim61629

Asked by kim61629 at 2:32 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Entertainment

• Mainly, to piss me off.

However, they did give it the cover story of being concerned for the revenue stream (each movie has earned less than the previous) and the fact that book seven is way out in 2010 and no more books coming to generate interest, so they are moving book 6 movie and book 7 movies as close together as possible. July 2009 is the date.

But, if you ask Cait, it is because Twilight is sooooo much better. I still say it was to piss me off.
    Fiveofakind2

Answer by Fiveofakind2 at 2:59 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I heard it was because in the summer it won't be up against any major movies to compete with (i.e. Twilight) so they can make more money off of it if they push it off until then.

It royally ticks me off because I'm going to be having a baby in May so I probably won't be able to go to the theater to see it in the summer! I was so looking forward to watching it before the new baby gets here, but oh well.

I guess I'll be waiting for the DVD.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 3:10 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Oh hello, you rang?

HAHA

It was something about WB being concerned about not having any hard hitting movies coming out next year. They knew The Dark Knight would be THE movie of the year, so they needed something really huge for next year.

I just use the Twilight excuse because I'm a smartass xP Love ya!
    caitxrawks

Answer by caitxrawks at 3:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• That is crap! You know, I still love Rowling and her books, but she went way too long between 4&5, 5&6, 6&7. She lost some peoples' interest! The movies are going to do the same thing. Make us wait so long! Ptuey!
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 4:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I keep hoping that maybe they took it that long out of the picture is because they needed to fix some stuff in it, maybe a couple of reshoots? Dh and i both think that. I hope it's something like that, if not... then damn they suck! i would have rather HP Friday and Twilight in 3 weeks..... would have made my winter.
    Jordanplustwo

Answer by Jordanplustwo at 9:51 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I agree with the 1st poster to SEROUISLY PISS ME OFF!!! I love thoses books the characters everything...hell if the shit was real I would be them!!!!! but yeah I agree with everyone they did it because of hits....
    rebel07

Answer by rebel07 at 11:35 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Well, they changed the date because of the writers strike. there was going to be a flicks gap. so decided to move a movie that would bring in the big bucks... Twlight actually only got the date they got because of the Harry potter move. And (( not that i dont like twlight)) in all honesty... twlight is suppose to bring in 130 million... they expect harry potter to bring in 300 million. Twlights "breaking dawn" ticket sales were just 1.3million harry potter and the deathly hallows made 8.3 million in just the first day.....
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 10:06 AM on Nov. 20, 2008