Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

3 Bumps

Child Abuse

My daughter has come home telling me and my mom that her dad has touched her peep and stuck things into her. She is now four years of age and this has been going on since she was 2. We've gone to court and have been in and out but the courts always say we do not have enough evidence. Illinois is for some reason a very hard state to get the child away from the father. If ANYONE has any sort of help like a person I can talk to, or ways to go about seeking help and getting my daughter into safety please please let me know. I would appreciate it if you have anything for me to email. thank you


Asked by lilma0608 at 1:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Kids' Health

Level 12 (837 Credits)
This question is closed.
Answers (9)
  • I would be calling everyone I could think of. Police, psychologists, lawyers, the tv news, your congress person, Child Protective Services. There has to be some way you can get help if what your daughter is saying is true. Wouldn't a medical exam be able to tell if she had been penetrated? Have they had her talk to a psychologist to get an opinion on the truth of her story? I would even try to go so far as planting a nanny cam in her bag when she goes there or something like that. I mean, what are you supposed to do, you can't just let this happen. I am so sorry that you are going thru this but I urge you not to give up and to keep trying to get her out of this situation. If it was me I would be really tempted to take her and run if I could not protect her from this abuse but maybe that would make things worse. If nothing else get her into counseling immediately please. I hope you can get somewhere, this is tragic.

    Answer by MaryMW at 1:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • i think one phone call to CPS (child protective services or your department of children & families) might do the trick. have you tried that yet? call them & tell them what she is telling you, they will probably come talk to her and then check out what is going on in dad's home. even if they dont catch him, atleast the visits would be supervised by them in the mean-time and he wont be able to do anything. but it is likely that they will have a female specialist check your daughter & do a full body x-ray on her. they wont hurt her but somehow they can just look & know whether or not she has been sexually abused. i am so sorry this is happening. hopefully this is not the case.

    Answer by tnm786 at 1:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • I have been through this in NC and had the same results. If you need someone to talk to feel free.

    Answer by gemgem at 1:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • ~*Hmm*~... that is a tough one! I'm far from a lawyer... but i'd move out of that state! The courts where the child resides is where the case is handled, so I would personally move, file ASAP claiming the child resides in that state/county, seek help, and get actual help for my child!!! If a child is being molested than walk to the ends of the earth?!?! Contact news, news papers, talk shows like Dr. Phil, anything... I personally would do anything and everything in my power... YouTube stuff, social networking, anything to make damn sure my voice was heard!!!

    Answer by MommaClark3 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • I would ask her doctor for a recommendation or to see if there is an exam to submit for proof.

    I'm sorry you are going through this. I can't even imagine. But as someone who also lives in Illinois- I have had my fair share of battles with the "System" as well.

    Answer by meandrphoto at 1:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • A child psychologist and her doctor should be able to help you...there would be evidence I would think.

    Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • Call CPS, a four year old can't come up with that on her own. Have them talk to her, they are experienced with sexual abuse victims. I want to go shoot him for you......but can't do that. I'm so sorry for your DD and you going through this, Good luck hon.


    Answer by zbee at 5:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

  • I had the same problem with my daughter and her biofather at the age 3. She told me about her daddy touching her and putting things down there. We went to court they order an exam and since every thing was still intacted and no signs of intercourse they could not prove anything. The Juvenile court(TN) found him quilty of it and order visit through CASA. The DA office said it was a he said she said thing and they could not take the word of a 3 year old. Luckly after his CASA visit term ended he never pursued the court to have more visit and hasnt seen her since then nor has he called or wrote her.

    I would refuse him visits and let him take me to court and then explain to the judge why you wont let her go. Also, call CPS and them take over.

    Answer by tgeary at 11:00 PM on Mar. 3, 2011

  • * TIME Magazine: Study: Why Child Abuse Investigations DON'T help kids:

    Confessions of a CPS Headhunter (Horrifying expose on CPS terrorizing good families):


    National Center ofChild Abuse and Neglect shows that children are 6x more likely to die, 8x more likely to be sexually abused AFTER being removed by CPS:

    CPS Quotas: How Child Protective Services is Incentivized To Take Children:
    What to do if CPS is investigating you:

    Answer by AbbyMcCain at 2:49 AM on Apr. 1, 2011