Do your kids fight & pull hair etc.?

I am trying to get my boy to stop pulling his sister's hair! I asked a similar question to this but only got one response. her hair looks thinner in certain spot from him & makes me mad hopefully he gets it soon!

sarasmommy777

Asked by sarasmommy777 at 1:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Yes my son (2) pulls his sisters hair (1). What I have started doing is when I caught him I tell him since he can't play nicely then he has to go play by himself. then I put him in his room and put the baby gate up so he can't get out to her. I only leave him in there for a short time then I let him out. But before he can return to play I tell him to play nice or he will go right back to his room by himself. So far it seems to be working. I have tried spanking and time outs, but this seems to work so much more.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 1:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• From what I understand kids pull hair because they are frustrated and it is there way of taking out their frustration. Their frustration could be with the other child, the situation or they just want attention. I guess it would depend on the situation and why the hair was pulled (i.e. they wanted a toy or they wanted your attention or to get your attention).
    Sniffles101

Answer by Sniffles101 at 1:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• OH and I walk him over to sissy and show him nice touches.
    lovemybaby283

Answer by lovemybaby283 at 1:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• oh ya its frustration alright! his big sis bugs him & then does it sometimes I am just not always in the room when it happens!
    sarasmommy777

Comment by sarasmommy777 (original poster) at 1:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011