How long should I hold my baby when he has his bottle? He is nine months right now

Can I just sit him in his high chair or sit on the floor while he has his bottle? He feeds it to himself now

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:34 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• well that is really a decision you have to make mine is a year old she only has a bottle now at bed time but i still hold her and feed it too her it just feels so good to have them in your arms they grow up so fast.
    jodi205

Answer by jodi205 at 2:40 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My daughter is 9 months also, I hold her at EVERY bottle. I just find it to be such a GREAT bonding time for the two of us.
    RedneckMommy88

Answer by RedneckMommy88 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I'd say do it as much as possible. My son quit letting me hold him at about that age while he was eating. Now he screams & wiggles like crazy to get down anytime I try to hold him, and holding him like a baby (cradling) is totally out of the question.
    bassyentihw

Answer by bassyentihw at 3:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Enjoy holding him while you still can!
    KatieCrandall

Answer by KatieCrandall at 3:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• That's totally up to you. Some mothers want to use that "bottle time" as cuddling time...which is really wonderful. I would suggest that you sometimes let him drink it himself and at other times cuddle with him...that way you get cuddle time but he doens't always expect to be held when he is fed. It might be easier to wean to a cup down the line that way.
    companygoddess

Answer by companygoddess at 3:22 PM on Nov. 19, 2008