Do the pictures of the New Zealand earthquake bring tears to your eyes?

It sure does to mine. I think, it's heartbreaking.

BeachMom81

Asked by BeachMom81 at 1:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• All tragedies, natural disasters, and devastations are sad. My heart goes out to the kiwis of Christchurch.
    grlygrlz2

Answer by grlygrlz2 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Any time Mother Earth gets nasty I feel for all who suffer from the destruction, but I usually feel joy at the pictures of rescues and compassion we can still show each other. 

My son is struggling with the pictures and limited information coming out of Christchurch, he attended school there and still has many friends living there that he cannot contact.

emptynstr

Answer by emptynstr at 1:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• cryingYES it makes me cry.   Also, brings back memories of the SF Earthquake...7.0 ( I believe), in 1989, I resided and still do, it was very freightening, andso many lives lost.   It's very sad,  leaves me feeling sorry for the lost of children, or people in general.   But the good I too recall, how all of San Francisco and it's 8 counties throughout San Jose, and Oakland including Sacramento all people from all walks, color, denomination, etc.,  united together to help one another.   It was a miracle and  a beautiful aftermath to witness, for sure.  One that to this day is vidid in my mind.   csjoy1

csjoy1

Answer by csjoy1 at 2:11 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It saddens me- I love NZ and especially the southern Island...it's just breathtaking!

Sisteract

Answer by Sisteract at 4:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I hadn't even heard about this! I'm not crying over the pictures, but its still sad.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Not really--but it's awful seeing the devastation. Especially of the cathedral that was destroyed.
    tinamatt

Answer by tinamatt at 1:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I know, it's so sad.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 1:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• haven't seen any pictures. too busy today.
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• if bring dasaster and caos Sure...
    GlitteribonMom

Answer by GlitteribonMom at 2:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have not seen pictures, but I have 2 friends who live there, and it is very heartbreaking.....Thankfully they and their families are safe.
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 10:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011