I need sympathy!

My doctor does not tell you the sex of the baby and I did not know that! I am soooo upset!
I don't know if I should freak out, scream, or cry but something is gonna happen! I have two boys and I REALLY REALLY REALLY want a girl! I can't wait to go out and buy pink but I cannot do so without knowing what I am having.

MelissaAnn224

Asked by MelissaAnn224 at 1:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• why doesnt your doctor tell you?

anyway you could always go and get a 3d ultrasound further along in your pregnancy.
    tnm786

Answer by tnm786 at 1:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• why wouldnt he/she tell you? You have every right to know. I would def. question dr. on that. Thats mean and not fair.
    tomsjennabean

Answer by tomsjennabean at 1:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Can your doctor even legally withhold that? Just ask to see your file. That's really strange! I'd be pissed too!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Why the crap does the Dr care if you know or not.....

That sounds illegal to withhold info that you are requesting about your own child!
    mom2twobabes

Answer by mom2twobabes at 1:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• awww!! Can your doctor refer you to an U/S tech or is he just against the whole thing?? I would press the issue and see if you can get referred to someone! I have 3 sons and would go crazy if they told me I had to wait to find out what this one is until birth!! I'm only 6wks and 2days in and I'm going nuts not knowing!! =)
    RNC2005

Answer by RNC2005 at 1:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have never heard of such a thing... can you go to another dr. for an ultrasound?
    MrsJStearns

Answer by MrsJStearns at 1:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• This is the first time Ive been with this doc and I guess they just don't check. They are apart of a no birth control policy and go by a lot of evangelical rules which makes no sense to me but whatever! I feel like I need a new doctor because he has made me sooo mad I don't want to allow him to deliver my baby. If I go somewhere to see the baby and get a gender check it will be 150.00! Ive never had to pay to know what I was having :*(
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 1:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• That totally stinks! I would be upset if I were in your shoes, finding out the sex of my baby was important to me. I would have been happy with either sex but to he honest I did want a girl, and if I was having a boy I think it would have been easier to know and accept that before delivery because I feared if I found out it was a boy at delivery I might have had a moment of disappointment and I did not want that to cloud the joy of having my first child. Anyway, as others have said you can always get a 3d ultrasound later in your pregnancy and they can ususally tell it's a girl or boy. In fact, my ultrasound tech was the one who told me, not my doctor. I would talk to him and tell him you want to know and if he can't get on board then think about a new doctor. It's your body, your pregnancy, and your baby and if you want to know you should be able to, he shouldn't withhold that from you.
    MaryMW

Answer by MaryMW at 1:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They do all the US in house. I had to go to a place for my other two boys and the techs boths told me too.

IM GONNA DEMAND IT AND I WILL LET YOU ALL KNOW!
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 1:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• WATCH OUT NOW Crazy hormonal pregnant lady on the loose!!!
    MelissaAnn224

Comment by MelissaAnn224 (original poster) at 1:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011