Weight Gain?!!

So I'm 7 weeks pregnant & unfortunately I have type 2 diabetes, BUT thank god I have it under control & my OB is a high risk pregnancy doctor & he's helping me alot with my pregnancy & diabetes, so far my pregnancy is going good. Obviously since I'm diabetic I'm eating super healthy fruits, veggies, protein, no junk what so ever!!! NO CARBS!. I also walk in the morning even though these couple of days I haven't (been feeling lazy) lol. So my question is, if I'm eating really healthy & NO junk what so ever, is it normal that I'm still gaining weight?. I gained 2 pounds in 1 week!.

VanillaBlondie8

Asked by VanillaBlondie8 at 1:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• I'm not sure because I didn't have any of those issues when I was pregnant. In fact, I LOST a ton of weight due to my terrible morning sickness. If your doctor isn't concerned, I wouldn't be, either.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes that is still normal to gain weight in the first trimester. I am not sure how much you should gain or anything but I know I ate healthy very little "junk" food and I gained about a 100 pounds with my little one. They could not tell me why either cause I never have ate much at once either. But everyone is different too. and if you are still concerned ask your doc. They would know more.
    singlemamma0322

Answer by singlemamma0322 at 1:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• The first weight you gain is fluids, blood volume. If I remember correctly your blood volume goes up 20-25%. You might also feel it in your breasts early. Then it will slow down. Then around 5-6 months there will be a growth spurt. You are supposed to gain 3 lbs a month, but it isn't a straight line. There will be bumps. You are growing a baby and a placenta.
    LoveMyDog

Answer by LoveMyDog at 4:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes it is normal. You are increasing your blood supply and your hormones are rapidly changing.
    ElenaC419

Answer by ElenaC419 at 9:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011