"Cable Car (Over my Head)" by The Fray..

I've always liked this song, and as I've been listening to my Christian radio stations, I've been hearing it played quite frequently. My relationship (with my athiest bf (what was I thinking!?) recently ended, and the song came to mind and as I started to listen to it, and hear it on those stations, I was wondering what parts of the song do you think, make the Christian radio stations play it? The song really gets to me and I think it's a definite plus that it plays on those stations.

careph

Asked by careph at 1:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Religion & Beliefs

• Hmmm I'm not sure. I know The Fray has a lot of emphasis on recovery and stuff like that because I believe the singer struggled with addiction and I know his brother-who was originally in the band-used to. Good question, though! Maybe something to look up on their site?
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 1:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• The Fray isnt a Christian band but all the members are Christian. They use their music to get the word out but not in an in your face way. Their music is written from a Christian point of view if that makes sense? They do have their roots in Christian Gospel from my understanding and have played and been on many Christian radio stations because they are Christians themselves. This is likely why you hear their music on both Christian and secular stations.

Answer by gemgem at 2:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• " My relationship (with my athiest bf (what was I thinking!?) "

What do you mean by this?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 5:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My - now ex - is an athiest whereas I'm a Christian.
    careph

Comment by careph (original poster) at 8:45 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yea I get that. But why did you add the "what was I thinking?!" Just b/c your ex was an atheist?
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Sahamam biblically you cannot be equally yoked with an unbeliever. I think thats what she is getting at. Correct me if I am wrong OP
    Shaneagle777

Answer by Shaneagle777 at 8:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Oh ok....I get it now.
    sahmamax2

Answer by sahmamax2 at 8:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yeah, that was all I meant. I wanted it to work. It didn't for other reasons, but it wasn't meant to be.
    careph

Comment by careph (original poster) at 9:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011