Ladies that have delievered via C-section.

Okay ladies, for those of you that have had a c-section, did you ever end up losing your belly weight? Do you have that "saggy extra skin" that just wants to hang on your stomach and not go away?

I had my first c-section back in 2007, and still to this day I have the nasty saggy skin, and no matter what I have tried it won't go away, and now i am 27 weeks pregnant again and worried it is only goin to get worse after this c-section. Do any of you ladies have any tricks? Do share :)

PrdWifeNMom07

Asked by PrdWifeNMom07 at 1:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• i have always lost my baby weight. but i have a high metab. too and that's why i don't get overly big during pregnancy
    oldfashionSAHM

Answer by oldfashionSAHM at 1:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I am waiting until the magic reply comes on, no I have a gross belly, wish insurance paid for a tummy tuck!
    kimigogo

Answer by kimigogo at 1:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Mine c-section flab isn't too bad... though I will never have that 6-pack I want because of it! I lose weight fairly easily and it doesn't take much to tone up... but that flab never goes away.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 1:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I've had 2 csections, one in 2008 and one in 2010. I don't have any saggy skin. No tricks or tips, I just didn't gain a lot of weight to begin with, I lost it quickly and did some cardio and crunches. I used a really good moisturizer too to encourage my skins elasticity. I'm 37 and it did take longer to get back into shape after my csections as opposed to the ones I had vaginally, but I thought that was due to my age (my 3 older ones were born in my 20s).

Answer by missanc at 1:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I was overweight when I got pregnant but it's weird. I've actually lost 2 sizes since having my son and my stomach actually looks better to me than it did pre pregnancy. I haven't noticed it looking any worse because of my c section scar but I have heard from other women who say their scar makes that little pouch of fat down there look worse.
    courtloux_128

Answer by courtloux_128 at 1:54 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I have that little fat pouch on my lower belly and I've found that pilates help to reduce it. I was doing good with it after I had my second child, but must admit I've gotten lazy since becoming pregnant with #3. I will go back to my routine after the doctor gives me the go ahead after this upcoming c-section. Also I bought an exercise ball to do sit ups and whatnot with, and I found it's much better to use that ball than doing stuff on a hard floor.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 1:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i dont believe it'll ever go away, its flab that will never tighten up. i had 3 pushed out and 1 c-section, the c-section was nice but it killed the way my stomach looks. when i lose wieght, i can see my stomach going down and slimmer but the flab just hangs there and my stomach looks like a slinky
    americansugar80

Answer by americansugar80 at 1:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had a c-section in May 2008 and was wearing my pre-pregnancy jeans about a week after I had my son... I had my 6-pack back after about 3 weeks (and no, I didn't do situps - I just naturally have very well defined muscles).

But, I got *very* lucky.
    Holly.

Answer by Holly. at 2:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had a cesection in 2003 and I was able to loose all my weight plus some and I did loose the belly but alot of hard work. I walk alot, I average 3-5 miles a day and do weight watchers, not sure if that has anything to do with it. But i will say say it didnt' come easy and it was hard work. Just keep at it.
    choco_mom

Answer by choco_mom at 2:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I lost all my baby weight after my 1st son but i still have that saggy skin under my belly botten and all that. And now im 39 weeks preg and hate looking at my stomic lol cuz that just flabby skin and thats all it is its not fat or anything but i just always pull my pants up so no one can even see it
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 2:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2011