Any home remidies to cure a sinius infection?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 1:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Health

• Plenty of fluid and ibuprofen as directed if you aren't pregnant or breast feeding won't cure it but can help alleviate the symptoms. My family also swears by the netty pot. I can't handle the water in my sinuses though.
    sydash11

Answer by sydash11 at 2:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• i was going to suggest the neti pot as well. but make sure you follow the directions.

my mom wouldn't listen to me and got a nose full of that drowning feeling. -__- she'll never listen to me so i think she deserved that. haha.

if you do it right it'll feel great. but, also like the first poster you might not like it either way.
    r.e.l.s.m.o.m.

Answer by r.e.l.s.m.o.m. at 2:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Doing a nasal flush with either a neti pot or other means is wonderful to help alleviate the symptoms and keep it from coming back. It takes a little getting used to, but for me it is well worth doing the flush.
    aeneva

Answer by aeneva at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I get sinus infections OFTEN. Get some Mucinex D (the good stuff that you have to sign for at the counter). Drink lots of fluids with real lemon juice (lemon juice also loosens and thins mucus naturally). Take ibuprofen as prescribed to relieve the pressure and use a warm compress under your eyes. I have used the netti pot and it helps in prevention but a little steam from a tea kettle seems to make me feel better first. If none of this works then you gotta go get antibiotics.
    hotelmom123

Answer by hotelmom123 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011