Limping from strep?

Just got back from the doc. my soon to be 3 yr old son has had a high fever for 3 days and i brought him in for a sick visit today after he appeared to be limping randomly on and off a couple days. Doc put him on antibiotics and said it was from having strep? Anyone heard of this beforE?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• No. But, my son had strep last week , then Saturday he started with a fever that lasted 4 days, and the last 2 days he's been complaining about his legs hurting.Now you got me wondering, hmmm....
    tracy0812

Answer by tracy0812 at 2:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• dont google it, i freaked myself out!
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 2:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• kind of, when I was a kid I got things like this all the time. When my ears were affected it threw my balance off, maybe that's the case here. Maybe he's walking in a way to help him keep his balance.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my son has had ear infections for almost 3 years off and on.. he will have problems standing straight up sometimes.. loose your balance! its natural for sickness :) it's okay
    Mrs.Ro

Answer by Mrs.Ro at 4:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I never heard of that before
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 5:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• apparently it has something to do with inflammation from the infection. it can happen to anyone from our bodies over producing antibodies when we have a bacteria infection, such as strepoccous
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 6:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I've heard of it. My cousin ( a doctor) mentioned it to me when my son was limping and had been sick. Took him in to be tested for strep just in case. in our case, it was negative.
    momofryan07

Answer by momofryan07 at 7:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• so it wasnt the strep making him limp?
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 9:18 AM on Feb. 25, 2011