Birth Control for Wild Horses But not Women....What do you think of this insanity?

http://www.rhrealitycheck.org/blog/2011/02/16/votes-contraception-wild-horses-women-0 I agree too that holding wild horses in pens is cruel and unusual punishment and that it is more humane to use this option. However, I am still stunned that Planned Parenthood is being attacked when they offer birth control for women who can't afford to go anywhere else. I can't believe some of the other things the GOP has been saying either like allowing hospitals to turn women away who need an abortion even if her life is at risk! I do not support abortions per se but I do not agree with what they are trying to do here. Religion and politics do not mix. And if they want to say this is about money then church's should also be taxed to hep the economy. Otherwise this is about morality and they do not have the right to legislate morality. Plain and Simple.

IzzeAddy

Asked by IzzeAddy at 2:10 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• If every single organization in America wanted Federal funding we would be in more financial trouble than we already are. There are alot of non profit organizations that dont want the government involved and make it work. What about personal responsibility? It seems everyone has a sense of entitlement. I did some research and found that some birth control only costs 30-35 dollars a month cash. I think mots people could afford this its cheaper than a cell phone and cable which most people have.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 2:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They are attacking PP because they provide abortions. PP has plenty of money to still give out their birth control, if they don't they can always raise the prices on their biggest money maker to make ends meet. Tax payers shouldn't have to support PP so, they can give out cheap BC, that is all about PERSONAL RESPONSIBILITY. No, they should not be able to tell a private hospital that they have to perform an abortion, what a private business does is not the governments concern.
    matthewscandi

Answer by matthewscandi at 2:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• What you don't seem to understand is that tax dollars do not fund the abortions at PP So attacking it just bc some provide abortions is wrong. I am so tired of attitudes about this issue. Sex is not just for procreating, so if a woman has sex and gets pregnant bc that can happen then she should be able to have access to proper health care whether she keeps the child or not. PP would be able to provide those services. And if this is REALLY all just because of abortions then why is the GOP also cutting funding for WIC? That is taking food right out of a child's mouth. So now you say, well you have to pay for your own child too. All the anti welfare people expect you to pay for your own food but don't realize that not everyone is in the position to do that. And you can't just tell people not to have sex if they can't afford it. It's like telling criminals not to┬ácommit crimes. We need better solutions.
    IzzeAddy

Comment by IzzeAddy (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• doesn't surprise me at all.
    when I was a baby the regulations were tighter for dog food than baby food.
    ItsMe89

Answer by ItsMe89 at 2:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think they should cut funding for wic like I said everyone seems like they are entitled to things. I dont want to pay taxes to help give wic. I buy my own stuff why cant everyone else? People need to stop depending on the government especially for things like milk and cereal if you cant but that for yourself you have bigger issues.
    okmommy08

Answer by okmommy08 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• PP needs that funding!! I am not supporting this at all and dread to hear of more babies being dumped by teenagers. Also, all the women who would have benefited from early cancer screenings and other viable resources because they can't afford to go elsewhere. The GOP is not showing the women in this country any respect! First with the rape definition change to this ridiculous change in funding! It makes me sick!
    parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• What you don't seem to understand is that tax dollars do not fund the abortions at PP So attacking it just bc some provide abortions is wrong. I am so tired of attitudes about this issue.

Me too!!

bow down

parrishsky

Answer by parrishsky at 4:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It's sad people actually agree with this. They are trying to cut spending and the first people they go after are woman and hungry babies. Why wouldn't anyone want their tax paying dollars going to feed babies ,and protecting woman from cancer. This is what the GOP is all about, they don't care about anyone but furthering their agenda.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 4:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You need to make up your mind. If you tax churches, you are absolutely going to mix politics and religion. The reason churches aren't taxed is because they don't preach who to vote for ... but all bets are off if they are taxed. Taxpayers have a right AND an obligation to be politically involved.

Laws don't make people good ~ laws are for people who refuse to be good and/or break the law. They define what is/isn't acceptable and set a punishment for the unacceptable. No one really wants to legislate morality ... but the moral taxpayers are sick of paying for the hobbies of the immoral.

Sex is a fun hobby. It's also an expensive one. If you can't afford BC you need a different hobby. If you can't afford kids you need BC. If you can afford cable, a cell phone, a car pmt. and can't afford BC you need better priorities. No one else should have to feed your baby or pay for your BC ... they have their OWN bills to pay.
    Farmlady09

Answer by Farmlady09 at 5:06 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Sex is a fun hobby. It's also an expensive one. If you can't afford BC you need a different hobby.

So people that have little money should never have sex, only the people with enough money can do it.  Do you realize how that sounds. Sex is a reality for everyone, not just rich people, that is why we need to make sure everyone can get it.  That is the responsible thing to do.

mommom2000

Answer by mommom2000 at 5:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011