HELP! Need to know all the must do's and sees of Disney World.....

I am getting ready to book a trip for this Spring and am thinking of staying at Pop Century as I am told it is reasonably priced and decent. But which parks a must see and my daughter is 5 and loves the princesses and would like to do a dinner with them. Any advice would be appreciated!!!!!

saysmom

Asked by saysmom at 2:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Travel

• i am going to bump this as i have never been and might go next fall withmy 5 yr old son.... if you have suggestions for boys i would appreciate it too.... idk though.
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Try to spend 2 days at the Magic Kingdom. I wouldn't bother with Epcot at that age. Make sure you see a parade. Really, it's all great. Try to see everything, especially the 3D movies!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Every time we go we go to Magic Kingdom, MGM, and Animal Kingdom, never epcot. But I would suggest going to most of the parades. And Fantasmic which I'm pretty sure is in MGM. If she likes roller coasters Mt. Everest in animal kingdom is amazing. My daughter is four and was tall enough to ride so I'm sure she would be. She also rode Tower of Terror but I don't know how many other kids their age would ride it.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 2:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Make sure you see this: Mickey's PhilharMagic. It is amazing. It's a 3D movie. I loved it!
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My girls have been several times before. Disney is the best. For meeting people can meet in the park or have breakfast with the charaters. My girls love its a small world ride, poohs ride, jungle cruise, the tiki room, the shops, they love the mickey cookies can find in the shops, the fireworks at night, Now i like parates of the carbean, and even he hanuted mansion and might be to adult for a five year old, parades during the day is a good thing to see. I have never been but animal kingdom would be the only one we might go to one day and it is to be good for the kids. Happy fun and wish I was going since only place an adult can feel like a kid. You will have just as much as your five year old.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:42 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Definately hit Magic Kingdom!!! Since you will be staying on the property one of the parks opens early each day. Plan your day by going to that park and spending the day at that park until the parade, then head back to the hotel for a rest. Then go to another park for the evening and their evening show. The night show at MGM is fantastic!!! Make a schedule and prebook your meals at the various restaurants. Sometimes you will want a sit-down restaurant and other times you will want to go and get a quick lunch. If your daughter needs a hair cut the beauty shop in Magic Kingdom is great. 5 years ago they only charged $15. After the hair cut they sparkle "fairy dust" in her hair. It's like a magnet for the characters in the parade to come and get her and dance with her. SHE WILL LOVE IT!!!!! Get a autograph book and let her get the characters autograph. Some hotels also have signing hours.
    robinkane

Answer by robinkane at 7:08 AM on Feb. 24, 2011