Weight Gain?!!

So I'm 7 weeks pregnant & unfortunately I have type 2 diabetes, BUT thank god I have it under control & my OB is a high risk pregnancy doctor & he's helping me alot with my pregnancy & diabetes, so far my pregnancy is going good. Obviously since I'm diabetic I'm eating super healthy fruits, veggies, protein, no junk what so ever!!! NO CARBS!. I also walk in the morning even though these couple of days I haven't (been feeling lazy) lol. So my question is, if I'm eating really healthy & NO junk what so ever, is it normal that I'm still gaining weight?. I gained 2 pounds in 1 week!.

VanillaBlondie8

Asked by VanillaBlondie8 at 2:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Trying to Conceive

• Yeah, I would say that it's normal.....baby gotta grow and make fluid for the sack. I would try not to worry too much about it, and I wish you lots of luck!
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 10:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It could be water retention..I did that with my first pregancy...how is your blood pressure?...also, it could be the time of day you weighed, etc....I wouldn't worry about 2 pounds...
    Anna92464

Answer by Anna92464 at 1:00 PM on Feb. 24, 2011

• First of all, congratulations! I was in the same boat as you two years ago and now have a completely healthy, perfect 16 month old son. I'd say your weight gain thus far is fluid and I wouldn't worry about it unless your OB tells you differently. Good luck!

1smartcookie

Answer by 1smartcookie at 1:33 PM on Mar. 1, 2011