Do you keep your kids toys in their room or in another room so they won't play with them while they are supposed to be sleeping??

I have a three year old and sometimes watch my 3 yr old nephew and they have to share a room when they do. Its impossible to get my nephew to sleep because he parents don't have any structure with his bedtime but I can pretty much count on the kids being up at 2am playing with toys if there are any in the room. Was wondering how common it is to leave the toys in the kids room also if it creates any problems in your house? My husband cannot stand having kids toys littered through the house and I'm tired of the arguing with children to leave the barbies alone so they can have a good nights sleep!

LarkSundsmo

Asked by LarkSundsmo at 2:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Preschoolers (3-4)

• We have toys in their room. My kids have never gotten up in the middle of the night to play.
    mompam

Answer by mompam at 2:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I keep most of my sons toys in his room-I don't mind if my son wakes up and plays with them...that's just me though. I would rather he have 'quiet time' in his room where he can with his toys. I mean, if he's not going to sleep at least he's not racing around all over the place...that's just me though. I'm like your hubs, I don't like having toys ALL OVER THE PLACE. It really drives me nuts and let's face it, at 3, they're not the best at cleaning up after themselves, lol.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Toys are all in the family room.
    GrnEyedGrandma

Answer by GrnEyedGrandma at 2:29 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My son has some toys in the living room, but the vast majority is in his room... He's never gotten up at night to play with them, though. Matter of fact, he's never gotten out of his crib/bed at all. Guess I'm lucky that way, heh.
    Anouck

Answer by Anouck at 2:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They have some toys in their rooms, And in a nook in our hallway, but Morley of them are in the playroom. My son has never gotten up in the middle of the night to play. If he did, I'd just take the toys out of his room at night. That way both of you are happy.
    BabyBugsmama

Answer by BabyBugsmama at 2:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They're in her room but I've never had an issue with her getting out of bed to play. However, I can't seem to get her to clean her room up before bed.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 2:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My twins share a bedroom, and they currently have all toys in a separate play room. We have an extra room, and I figured it would be easier that way when they were transitioning out of their cribs. It turns out it's also handy for discipline to be able to lock them out of the play room, or give them a toy-free room for for time-outs. If we didn't have the extra bedroom to use as a play room their toys would be in their room or closet.

TweenAndTwinMom

Answer by TweenAndTwinMom at 2:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We keep my daughter's toys in her room because we don't have anywhere else to put them. We've never had issues with her getting out of bed to play with her toys, thankfully.
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 2:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my son has toys in his room and it has never been an issue. he knows if he has to go to the bathroom he can and besides that he is expected to be sleeping in bed... idk
    AmaliaD

Answer by AmaliaD at 2:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• His toys stay in his room but he knows when its time for bed so I don't have to fight to get him to sleep
    toybar02

Answer by toybar02 at 4:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011