Instead of giving child deductions for having children, how about giving them for not?

Hey, I believe that every family should be able to make a choice in how many kiddos they want, but our world is becoming over populated, I think that we should get to claim one child as dependent, and not get credit for any more than that! I don't know if it would cut down on birthrates, etc,, but if something doesn't change, we won;t even be able to grow enough food to feed us all, just a thought!

kimigogo

Asked by kimigogo at 2:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Politics & Current Events

• can of worms

Answer by butterflyblue19 at 2:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• is it possible to bump down a question yet?
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No medicare or SS payments for you when you're ass is old!!!
    jewjewbee

Answer by jewjewbee at 2:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I dont know about tax deductions but I think if you get on welfare with one baby and then get preg while on welfare you dont get an increase in benefits. You should have to make due..you think my boss is giving me a raise just because another baby is on the way??
    Anonymous

• As a mother of two I disagree. The IRS rapes my pay checks, as well as DHs. It's nice to have that deduction at the end of the year. How about we lower how much foreign aide we give? How about we cut funding to this damn war? I'd favor that MORE!!

Anonymous

• Or...we could stop eating 3 portion sizes too many and save food that way!!
    lil_angel00

Answer by lil_angel00 at 2:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Just curious, how is cutting back on giving child credits going to help reduce the World population?
    proudmom2510

Answer by proudmom2510 at 2:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• What is this? China?
    Anonymous

• Aw snap, you've caught onto my plan for having a dozen kids just so I can collect the tax money at the beginning of the year.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Do very many people have children for the tax credit? I don't really know if it would make a difference. Personally, I wouldn't have another child for additional tax credits (it's not much compared to how much it costs to raise a child). I don't think I would have chosen not to have a child based on tax credits either. Maybe some people do (or maybe some make the decision based on money in general), but most people either want a certain number of children, or they want no children at all or maybe they just aren't being responsible with their reproductive choices and are unintentionally having more (which would be a whole other issue about education).
    pam19

Answer by pam19 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011