Odd night time activities..

So um generally every night now I am either talking in my sleep or doing something. I am starting to worry that I will do something bad.. Last night I stole my son's candy and hid it under my pillow husband said I sounded like the hobbit from lord of the rings.. I don't remember doing this but when I woke up I found candy under my pillow and asked what happened.. I am wondering if this is happening cause I am pregnant and my hormones are all wacky or should this be something I am should ask a doctor about.. I can only imagine the conversation.. Yes Doctor I think I am crazy.. I keep doing odd things at night.

Punkslilncs

Asked by Punkslilncs at 2:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Hahaha you sounded like the hobbit? Like Gollum? I've always talked in my sleep and I sleep walk and do weird things. One time I opened ALL THE DOORS in our apartment-cupboards, cabinets, closets, everything except the front to exactly 90 degree angles. Its probably just your hormones but if its becomes disruptive and you start trying to smother your husband with a pillow, you should probably get some help ;). I'd bring it up with your doc anyway.
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Doesn't it scare you.. that you are doing things in your sleep that you can't control? I am FREAKED out.. I am worried that I will do some odd thing that isn't me.. and yes like Gollum..
    Punkslilncs

Comment by Punkslilncs (original poster) at 2:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I imagine it's hormones or maybe stress. I do some strange things once in a while from stress. I do stuff like turn the lights on, tell my husband it's time to wrap the Christmas presents (in March, lol)... I would worry if you do something dangerous (like decide to go swimming), otherwise have a good laugh at yourself and ask hubby to be extra vigilant for you :)
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 3:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011