How do I get him out of my mind and my heart?

I am trying to get over this guy. Things kind of come to a boiling point about 3 weeks ago. I thought I was putting a lid on things but today he is in my thoughts and I just can't get him outta my head and outta my heart. I think I was falling in love with him and I never should have. What can I do to get him outta my head and outta my heart. I don't want to digress and I don't want to do something foolish in the interest of getting him past him. He is consuming me today!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• You just have to be strong and fight it.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 2:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I would love to here the advice you get because I'm kind of going through the same thing. Only it's the father of my child and he was my first "love" so I still have some feelings for him and it's been five years since we dated but it still kills me to see him dating other people when I know what we could be.
    iluvmm09

Answer by iluvmm09 at 2:34 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I suggest doing something that you feel empowered by, something you enjoy. When we have personal space we can create whatever we want with no real compromize.
    sabianmom

Answer by sabianmom at 2:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You have the power to control your thoughts and doing that will help you in your heart. Every time a thought of him pops into your mind, replace it immediately with one of someone else or something else. And make it a really pleasant thought that you replace him with. You might even write down the words to some of your favorite cheer-up songs that always bring a smile to your face. Whatever you use just be sure it is something that's really pleasant. Another thing that will work is to start planning an event or a party for someone else, and just throw all your thought processes into it. Having a goal and a deadline is wonderful for focusing our thoughts. Hang in there! You're gonna make it.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 2:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011