How to make myself drink more water?

Im 29 weeks pregnant and my ob told me i meed to drink more water cause it seems that im getting dehydrated again and if i don't i will be right back in the hospital like i was at 19 weeks. The issue is that water is so hard for me to drink cause it don't have flavor and i was told that "flavored water" isn't considered water cause it has sugar in it by my MIL, so how can i make myself drink more water?

TatymMommi

Asked by TatymMommi at 2:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• Add your own flavor to it. Lemon juice, berries, cucumbers, melons. Either whole or mashed up. Plus it helps you up your intake or fruits and vegetables.
    CraftingMama

Answer by CraftingMama at 2:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• How about ice water? I'm not big on water either but it's so refreshing with some ice cubes and lemon.
    Nanixh

Answer by Nanixh at 2:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Have you tried drinking decaf tea? Teavana has some great loose teas. And you can sweeten them with honey. I drank tea all throughout my pregnancy.

I also drank a lot of water-I love water and I find that if I start to drink anything BUT water or tea I break out like a 14 year old boy during summer :(. You could also try freezing orange juice into ice cubes and putting that in your water for some flavor. Good luck. I know how difficult it can be to get into the habit of things like that (I was told I needed to eat more when I was pregnant so it was tough).
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 2:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I LOVE cucumber water!! and I was told , that the cucumbers actually help hydrate you along with the water. it tastes great, I still do it in the summer, its very refreshing
    IzysMomma

Answer by IzysMomma at 2:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Put a lemon wedge in it! I looooved lemon water when I was pregnant... it's so tasty!
    That, or you could freeze juice (natural fruit juice, not super sugary juice) in ice cube trays and put them in your water. It'll leave just a little flavor in your water without making it too sweet. :)
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 2:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My girls love flavored water. Or wise might try water with lemon or lime slices, oranges. I saw on qvc a pitcher on there where you put in the water and in the middle is a tube and can any fresh or frozen fruit and the fruit flavors will come out and make flavor water. I wanted one for christmas and did not get. Might try something like that. Or might try things like frozen icees, or itilain icees in the ice cream section of the grocery store. Popslices might be okay and just someway to get fluids into you. Jello might work since make with water.
    momindiana

Answer by momindiana at 2:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Just do it!!! As time goes by you will add whatever flavor you'd like the key is to START. I use to drink lots of sodas with my dinner until one day I decided to make that change and yes don't get me wrong I'll have a soda once in a while but not everyday like I use to it will change your life in a very good way GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 2:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• do you like to drink soup? I just drink a lot of soup, as long you dont' drink a lot of soda. dehydration can cause preterm labor according to my ob
    Amy2079

Answer by Amy2079 at 4:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I put flavor packets in my water and my ob told me that was better than not drinking water at all. I know i put my water bottles in the freezer and make them into slushies that helps to
    Tarrahs2011

Answer by Tarrahs2011 at 5:24 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I don't like to drink water either, especially where we live right now, our water is so hard it tastes horrible! So I buy juice, and cut the juice in half with the water. Yeah you're still getting some sugar, but at least it's half water and juice has a lot of water in it anyway. I really have to be creative to get fluids in. Try eating foods with high water content, not all of your water has to come from liquids!
    hippomom1919

Answer by hippomom1919 at 6:01 PM on Feb. 23, 2011