If your husnand SO had a affair, were you surprised when you found out, or did you suspect?

Touchy subject I know, but I'm curious.

If you did catch him, what was the clue?

ItsMe89

Asked by ItsMe89 at 2:47 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• My EX Fiance cheated on me. I could tell something was up and he was being kind of distant from me. I finally pried it out of him and left. Apparently it had happened several times. Im glad I was going to wait until we were married to have sex. He got an STD.
    Misteh

Answer by Misteh at 2:55 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My ex had an affair, I kinda suspected it, but he never really owned up to it. I had plenty of proof just didn't want to believe it.
    There were many clues, nights out with no answer when I called, videos and pics on his phone, messages on his phone. Secret phone calls at all hours of the day. Even pictures of girl in front of his car in his pocket.... Now i can't believe I actually believed his cover up lies. Finally I broke it off and had no contact ever again. Good thing we had no kids to share and stay in contact for.
    Azita888

Answer by Azita888 at 2:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I must say good thing you didn't Misteh....and I think it is funny that karma is a bitch and he got paid back with an STD for being a dog......good thing you found out before you married him.

But back to the question. My dh did not have an affair but he had this gal chasing him when I was pregnant with our 3rd child and he seemed oblivious or maybe just liked the attention, but I knew something was up and confronted him and we had it out about this for him being so stupid, probably deliberate stupid but nonetheless......I think if I had not suspected and snooped it could have went farther! And don't mess with a hormonal 8 month pregnant woman...he learned! LOL!!!
    2boysnaprincess

Answer by 2boysnaprincess at 2:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ~*Nope*~... only had one guy that ever cheated on me, he's single still from what I heard... and i kinda had a "feeling", he'd call this one chick out of her name at work, and even walked in on her with another co-worker, and I found out well after I left him that he'd cheated

Learned the signs in a man that I will never put up with, starting with anything disrespectful towards women??? Hahaha... stay away from other character traits as well
    MommaClark3

Answer by MommaClark3 at 3:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• yes I did suspect it. He kept wanting to go somewhere in the car all the time, I mean little trips he had to take like we need milk, we're out of bread and then when I showed up at his job once he was in a hurry and wanted me to leave. So it eventually found out as I knew something was up since he kept looking and grasping for time alone to see her. Eventually he admitted to it all though he acting like he was trying to take the whole thing as a secret to his grave. He then of course suggest a divorce and I said no remember til death do us part and for better or for worse.
    sportsgrandma

Answer by sportsgrandma at 3:00 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had no idea until my cousin was at the restaurant he worked at & she called me to tell me she was picking me up. She had followed him & this girl to another eatery where they were dining. Needless to say we walked in & asked to be seated right next to them. The look on his face was priceless. I didnt say anything to him, we ordered our food to go. Called our friends on the way back to our house & we moved everything out within 2 hrs. He came home the next day to 1 set of silverware, a plate & a cup. Yeah i took everything because i bought everything in the house. :)
    Mrs_Harsh

Answer by Mrs_Harsh at 3:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• mine cheated on me with his best friends wife ,wife was his x girlfriend but any ways i found out when she called him right in front of me i ask why is she calling u he said he didt know right then and there i knew ..we r still together but it is so hard to for get what he did to me ..i feel like he broke our family and me ...so now i go day bye day maybe some day we will be ok....
    sweettroy43

Answer by sweettroy43 at 3:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• my ex husband left the computer on and went to the store, i came home from work early and saw he was on dating sites
    did not tellhim that i knew, made up a fake profile, he wrote her, she was too wonderfulto be true, next week was our anniversary, i gave him a IF YOU LOVE THEN SET IT FREE LETTER, he was thrilled, he admitted to 'dating' this owman on the internet,said she was the best woman, smartest woman etc etc (she was, she was me) he moved out and his internet woman dumped him

MEN SUCK!
    fiatpax

Answer by fiatpax at 3:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• We were already separated and I had suspected it from the time he told me 'he wasn't happy anymore' aka he wanted a divorce.
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:38 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I had a strong feeling but yes I was surprised because I really really trusted him. I found out when the cell phone bill came in with an extra $80 in charges from where he had been texting her nonstop. Dumba** thought he had unlimited texting. So I went & checked the usage on the phone and saw it was all to 1 number and always when he was at work, he was picking the kids up from school, or I was alseep. He even did it 2 days before I found out when I had ran into JC Penney and I left him in the car with our kids for 5 minutes. Every time he got the chance he was texting her. It sucks looking over 2 months of your life and comparing cell phone texting dates to things you did.
    Anonymous