Dentist?

So far every dentist i have called have told me they start seeing children at the age of 3, but i heard about some moms on here that say they bring their kids in at the age of 1, and I was talking to a dentist a few months back (not where i live at) who says that they normally start at the age of 2. So when is a good age??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 2:58 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I think it is genrally recomened at one year.
    jamesmommy12

Answer by jamesmommy12 at 3:05 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my daughter is 3 yrs and 4 months today...she actually had her first dentist appt. today!
    SuperMommy0212

Answer by SuperMommy0212 at 3:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• It depends on your dentist. Talk to the dentist you want to take her to and find out what he/she says.
    Some say with the first tooth, some say 1, some say 2, mine said 3.
    The biggest thing in these early appointments is to get them used to the office and having someone poking in their mouth. You can help by taking her NOW to YOUR appointments. Have someone hold her while you get your teeth cleaned. Let her explore the waiting room if this is the dentist she will be seeing too. Do that at every 6 month checkup you go to until it is her turn to go.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:16 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I found a ped. dentist about 90 miles away that saw my daughter at 13 months (she had a mouth full of teeth then) and he wants to see her every 6 months. My daughter's doctor was the one that suggested I get her teeth examined.
    rcbrown

Answer by rcbrown at 4:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• i took my daughter in at 21 months? i always thought it was age 2 but i read that where we are its actually as soon as they get their first tooth and to use flouride tooth paste when they get their teeth instead of waiting until they are 2.
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 8:18 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My daughter started at 2 1/2 and I plan on taking my son around the same age...the first few times they cry, but now my daughter is almost 5 and she has great teeth and does very well with the ped. dentist :)
    ELC

Answer by ELC at 8:42 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• My son went for the first time at 15 months.
    Pauline3283

Answer by Pauline3283 at 2:54 PM on Nov. 20, 2008