Marriage

If someones marries an illegal immigrant who had a fake s.s. #, and was later deported, are they even married?

BabyBugsmama

Asked by BabyBugsmama at 2:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• i would say probably not, but i have no idea!!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:36 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They might be. I don't think I had to provide social security numbers when we got married, just birth certificates.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• who cares? he/she has been deported, i say move on. no no jk

i dont think so to be honest with you, i remember providing my s/s when we got married.. sooo

good question!
    SunshineSmiles

Answer by SunshineSmiles at 3:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• was a marriage certificate issued to you? if you got one from the county that you married you may be married but not to your illegal guy but whoever's social security that you used. i know that in mexico you wouldn't be considered married but maybe here but just not to him. like i said you may be married to someone else. that kinda sucks for the other person if you ever go to get child support and attacked his wages for it. you'd be in big trouble. go to your local court and find out.
    melody77

Answer by melody77 at 3:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It's not about me... A friend I went to high school with. So I'm not sure the details about their marriage certificate. I just know she said they went to the courthouse and got married. I know I had to provide my soc. When me and hubby got married. I just didn't know if they were legally married still..... She keeps talking about how when he gets back to the states her and her 'hubby' want to get a house and everything.... Someone asked if they were going to get married legally this time and shejumped down their throat.
    Melody77 my hubby said the same thing, he was like, I wonder who she really is married to?! :)
    BabyBugsmama

Comment by BabyBugsmama (original poster) at 6:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011