What foods have the most nutrition and are healthy

i am trying to improve my familys diet.not easy on a very very low amount of money.i need items that go a very long way,but are very healthy .
our buget will be $46 per pay day now,every 2 wks for food.this has to cover paper products as well.so i am looking to stretch every dollar as far as i can.

Gods_Girl1979

Asked by Gods_Girl1979 at 2:59 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Food & Drink

• Chicken, veggies, eggs, rice for starch...

You might check to see if there are any organizations in your area like Angel Food Ministries, which will give you a week's worth of food for $25.

Answer by gdiamante at 3:02 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ty, actually i found one just down the road ,I can get a box for $31,and I am a stretcher lol food and money wise so i might can make it go for two wks.
    Gods_Girl1979

Comment by Gods_Girl1979 (original poster) at 3:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• One day is pasta day. One day is potato day. One day is soup day. One day is egg day. One day is rice day. Lentils and beans are great budget stretchers. How old are your children? I have done this, although I do not know how much money I spent. There are no charities around here who help with food for families. My children grew up strong, healthy, and clever.
    MLM247

Answer by MLM247 at 6:12 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Dried beans and dried lentils are very healthy ways to stretch your food dollars. Send me a message if you would like some recipes

Answer by rkoloms at 6:56 PM on Feb. 23, 2011