How do i get my daughter to stop taking off her diaper??

She takes it off when ever she wants too. doesn't matter who's at the house, what she,s wearing she take it off. i tried letting her run around with her diaper off but we have carpet in all but one room and she has pee'd more then twice on the carpet. it doesnt matter what i do she gets the diaper off . she'll rip it off she's slide it off. she wont go in her potty chair even if i sit and go with her. i dont know what to do anymore.

mamma_v

Asked by mamma_v at 3:07 PM on Nov. 19, 2008 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I wish I had an answer to this one. My daughter takes hers off all the time, but usually only when she needs a new one. If she has pants on she'll usually leave it alone.
    purvislets

Answer by purvislets at 3:08 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Overalls :-)
    Kimebs

Answer by Kimebs at 3:09 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• I gave my kids naked time at that age. I let them have a certain amount of time before bedtime to run around naked. Also in the morning before the got dressed they had naked time. They could jump, run or whatever with no diaper, but after they had to keep the clothes on. If they didnt keep the clothes on they got no naked time.

Answer by gemgem at 3:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• buy onsies her size so she cant get it off. how old is she? it may be a sighn shes ready for potty training and no they wont go right away it takes alot of time and patients.
    Mommy2B04

Answer by Mommy2B04 at 3:14 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• zipper jammies without feet or cut the feet off...then put them on backwards, worked great for all 4 of my kids and so did the overalls!
    wheresthewayout

Answer by wheresthewayout at 3:20 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Mine does this too; but she hasn't figured how to do it if she has pants on. So I just can't let her roam in only her diaper very much. Kudos to overalls. :)
    sfwilson

Answer by sfwilson at 3:29 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• Duct tape over the diaper tabs.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 4:13 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• my daughter took it off so i thought great shes ready to go on potty because she would take it off and put it in the garbage....nope not ready for potty. so i have to make sure she has something over her diaper that is so loose that she can take the off easy. so if shes wearing a dress she wears bloomers, if shes in pants, i find like a jean is better then a jogging pant because she cant take them off as easy.
    CAarmywife

Answer by CAarmywife at 8:21 PM on Nov. 19, 2008

• duck tape.
    trepsica

Answer by trepsica at 8:44 PM on Nov. 19, 2008