Do you like kids? In general, other than your own?

SweetLuci

Asked by SweetLuci at 3:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Honestly, not really. I love my daughter, my sisters and my best friends two kids. Other than that, unless I know them well, I steer clear of other people's kids.
    IrishPennMom

Answer by IrishPennMom at 5:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It really depends on the kids. Not particularly fond of some of DS1's friends. They are the kind to sell their grandmother to the highest bidder or figure out the best way to blow up stuff.

DD's friends are sweet and quiet, which is a little strange in this house, since DD is neither.

DS2 is just making friends in kinder. all the kids in his grade are great to be around. I love to go in an volunteer because they are great kids.
    balagan_imma

Answer by balagan_imma at 3:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I agree with anon....I find other peoples kids drive me crazy... mine do too, It makes me feel like a horrible person :(
    Finkette

Answer by Finkette at 3:08 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• They r o.k. Sometimes annoying and disrespectful.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I love children... as long as they aren't snotty or very misbehaved. lol. That probably cancels out a lot of children. It's usually not the children that I don't like, it's usually their parents. Which is why I gave up my decision to be a teacher because I was a student teacher for a few months and the things I saw/heard parents say to their kids made me want to pick up a desk and throw it at them!
    poptart0325

Answer by poptart0325 at 3:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes, I love kids. That's why I am a child care provider. I have met a few obnoxious kids but not too many. Then I look at the parents and I see where it comes from
    elizabr

Answer by elizabr at 5:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Other people's kids annoy me.
    Anonymous

• When mine where young, no. And now I only like my grandkids.

Answer by louise2 at 3:07 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Yes, I do generally like kids..even ones that arent mine,lol.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:09 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Not really. I love my son (obviously) and his cousins, as well as the kids my friends have (the couple of friends who actually have kids), but beyond that I'm not really a kid person.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011