Corporate sponsorships?

I am debating trying to get businesses to sponsor my Susan Komen 3 day team.  What prices should I have as starting examples (I will also be offering the option of donating any amount they wish) for donation amounts?

Also, I was thinking of offering to put sponsors of certain amounts business logo's on the t-shirts we will wear while walking. So as to get their name out. :) My manager here at work actually does graphics and t-shirts and stuff so I am going to see if he will assist me. Usually if he does a fundraiser he will only charge them the actual cost of the supplies, which is very cheap.  I am thinking of the bigger the donation the bigger the logo as well as the more days we will wear it (for example we will have 3 days of walking, 3 different shirts... if they donate more money they can get their logo on our shirts for 2 days or 3 days, etc).

I also thought it would be nice to make a banner to carry across the finish line and offer to put logo's there for donations.  AND (I'm full of ideas! lol) I am making a special website devoted to our team for information and online support/donations.  I thought about offering to advertise them on our page as well.

Does all of this sound like a good idea? What price ranges should I start with?

Memigen

Asked by Memigen at 3:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Money & Work

• When designing a fundraiser you'll want to determine the amount of the ask using a pretty simple formula. Decide how much you want to raise total. After you've decided how much you want to raise you can use a "gift calculator" to determine how many sponsorships you'll probably need and how much you should ask each sponsor for.

Here's a link to a free calculator, I use it regularly. http://www.blackbaud.com/company/resources/giftrange/giftcalc.aspx

The thing about logo stuff is that stuff costs money, which takes away from your fundraising goal so keep that in mind. Otherwise, your ideas a great.

UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:26 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Honestly, I would just stick with allowing them to donate what they feel comfortable donating. Also, you're going to want to set up your fundraising page prior to cold calling for sponsors. This makes you sound more legit. Unfortunately, there have been a lot of scams in the past with people claiming they were raising money for charity and then pocketing the money. If they can donate online and the money goes directly to Komen without you as a middleman, you'll put people at ease and raise more money.
    HotMama330

Answer by HotMama330 at 11:35 AM on Feb. 24, 2011

• Well, my manager here at work actually does graphics and t-shirts and stuff so I am going to see if he will assist me. Usually if he does a fundraiser he will only charge them the actual cost of the supplies, which is very cheap. :) {I should have put that in my original post, sorry.}

Thank you so much for your help! :)
    Memigen

Comment by Memigen (original poster) at 3:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011