How can I help my daughter out?

I have had many things in my past that have caused me to become very self concious. My babygirl is the most beautiful person I have ever seen. How can I enstill a sense of confidence in her? I dont want her to feel the way I feel at times

IzysMomma

Asked by IzysMomma at 3:13 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in General Parenting

• Praise mom, lots and lots of praise!

Answer by older at 3:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Tell her to believe in herself and others will too. Hold your head up high. Have confidence in yourself and your abilities.
    dancer

Answer by dancer at 3:15 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think constantly being supportive. Telling her all the ways that she is wonderful and beautiful and intelligent and strong... from the very beginning! When she finds a flaw in herself just remind her that no one is perfect but that we each have something that balances out our imperfections. I have terrible skin but a gorgeous smile. My husband has terrible manners but the most compassionate heart. No matter what we find to make ourselves feel inferior there is always some thing that we forget makes us special in spite of our weaknesses.
    angelm523

Answer by angelm523 at 3:16 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Compliment her... don't cut her down. My parents and other people in my life unintentionally said/did things that made me think I wasn't worth anything... I'm 22 and I still have to work on my confidence. I think it's great that you don't want your daughter to deal with those things too.
    AdensMama0308

Answer by AdensMama0308 at 3:17 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My mom got me into Barbizon a modeling school. They helped me build my confidence and you did not have to be a perfect skinny beautiful girl to be apart of it, they teach you that no matter who you are where you come from or what you look like you are beautiful, also being involved in school sports or activities helped a lot too because you get that sense of accomplishment and feel good at doing something, that really boosts you up.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 3:21 PM on Feb. 23, 2011