How Would You Handle This?

I belong to another forum for mommies and there's a girl on there that recently joined-but she doesn't have a child and she's not trying to conceive. She's basically made up this whole fantasy life about her baby and baby-daddy drama and its really awkward. Basically, I've just been ignoring her posts and not responding to any of them. Obviously she's got some issues and I don't want to embarrass her. I think some of the other ladies are catching on because she's ALWAYS dropping out of playdates and things like that last minute. Any advice?

erinwhitt

Asked by erinwhitt at 3:14 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Relationships

• Are you the head of this group? If so I would wonder what her motives are. If this is a "mommy and me" type group/playgroup she does not belong in there if she doesnt have children/stepchildren etc. Sounds like she is either really lonely or is kind of creepy,
    mistynights234

Answer by mistynights234 at 3:18 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Continue to ignore her. Once she gets bored she'll go away.
    Syphon

Answer by Syphon at 3:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Just go along and wish her well there is not much you can do some ladies will be nice and some will slam hereto the ground just to be mean. Wish her GL
    Butterfly1108

Answer by Butterfly1108 at 3:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I'd steer clear from someone like that. You never know what crazy thoughts they have going on in their head. No normal person makes up a whole family and then even goes as far as to schedule a play date for kids when they don't even have a child. Is there a site administrator you could report her to to maybe get her booted off the site? Thats just too weird to me.
    kimberlyinberea

Answer by kimberlyinberea at 3:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I'm not the head of it. I'm very involved in it, but i'm not an admin or moderator or anything, that's why I haven't said anything. I figure she's got some self-esteem issues and if she does, well, then she needs help, but leading people on like that, people who are looking for support is kinda wrong, ya know/
    erinwhitt

Comment by erinwhitt (original poster) at 3:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You might tell her the story about the little boy who cried "wolf". Remember that one? It's hard to know what to do because she may be mentally unbalanced or something. I don't see how it could hurt though just to tell her you know the truth about her, and that she really should start being honest with people. You could explain to her that what she's doing is lying and that it will eventually become impossible for anyone to believe anything she says and that's a tough spot to be in.
    NannyB.

Answer by NannyB. at 3:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Ignore it, maybe it'll go away. That's creepy...
    cailynsmommy626

Answer by cailynsmommy626 at 3:22 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Just ignore her and don't start any drama!!
    Mommyto2LilMen

Answer by Mommyto2LilMen at 3:33 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Poor girl, for all we know she might have had a child at sometime and lost it. never know what happened to her as a child. she might even be mentally challenged. Either way I agree to just not respond to her.
    MomofSteel

Answer by MomofSteel at 3:57 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Well, That's kind of iffy!..She could be lonely but on ther other hand she could be someone you may want to stay clear of!..Tough situation.
    mumstheword155

Answer by mumstheword155 at 4:51 PM on Feb. 23, 2011