How did you get through teething?

I think my 4 month old has started teething. She is extremely cranky right now. I've been giving her baby anbesol and tylenol. It works but she is still super cranky. She hasn't wanted to nurse to much today either. What things have you tried for teething that seems to work for you?

luvnmy3kid

Asked by luvnmy3kid at 4:32 PM on Jul. 8, 2008 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Clove oil. I swear by it. And it's totally safe/chemical free. Also I found that giving them semi-frozen washcloths work well. A lot of holding and rocking and singing.

Mine were really difficult the first day or two of getting a new tooth. After that they were back to normal.
    amethystrse

Answer by amethystrse at 4:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• My Kharma is 14 month and no teeth yet but has been teething it seems like since 4 months. tylenol and Hylands homeopathic teething tablets...they are natural..made with camomille (not sure how to spell that) dissolving instantly. get them at most grocery stores or natural food markets also i swear by frozen barries once he/she starts doing some solids. Kharmas fav. is the huckelberries. messy but well worth it.
    kharmasmom

Answer by kharmasmom at 4:45 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• This is an old wives tale. My MIL swore by this - she told me to take an egg from the fridg. write my baby's name on it and put it in a cup in the corner (up top) of the closest in the baby's room. She said this will prevent crankiness during teething. I know it sounds weird, but I did it with my first and all his teeth came in without one cry. It doesn't smell and the inside of the egg will eventually disappear. I know it sounds crazy, but I already did it for my 3 month old. Good Luck!
    momof2boys423

Answer by momof2boys423 at 4:46 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• teething tablets and frozen wash cloths
    Patience1

Answer by Patience1 at 5:36 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• That's weird. My almost three month old appears to be teething already too. I don't know what to tell you. My oldest used to like to chew on the bigger sized spoons. She wanted that more than teething rings. I use tylenol too. Seems to help. Good Luck!!! Teething can make you crazy sometimes because you can't do all that much to help.
    Mommyoftwo234

Answer by Mommyoftwo234 at 6:34 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• Frozen waffles cut into strips. Don't fall apart like teething biscuits.
    Anonymous

• when my girls were teething i used partialy froze wash clothes and frozen posicles i found that the cheap frozen sticks with like kool aid drinks in them worked real good and not near as messey
    momoftwogirls

Answer by momoftwogirls at 7:21 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• I live by teething tables. They would help my daughter calm down. My doc. didn't want me to use baby anbesol because it can make the whole mouth num and the baby doesn't like how it feels. Tylenol is great..
    Dream2630

Answer by Dream2630 at 7:50 PM on Jul. 8, 2008

• anbesol, frozen washcloths, lots of bibs and good butt cream, mine always broke out when teething. And lots of patience and time...
    filder

Answer by filder at 9:17 PM on Jul. 8, 2008