Thinking of getting our little boy a car bed... but have a question.

our son is 2 and needs a big boy bed, couldnt keep him in a crib as he is a climber and his toddler bed is to small for him because he is a roly poly in the bed... we really want to get him one of those beds shaped like a car. He loves cars and this is our only child we are not having more... one of his grandmas said he would mentally outgrow the bed in a few years... but im not so sure. We want to get the bed but not if he really will out grow it very soon, i know that he will eventually but not to soon... When do you think little boys outgrow the car bed stage or like the car bed... sorry if it sounds confusing im not sure how to put it... he is our only so i want to get a few cool things every now and then. What do you think about getting a car bed for a little boy?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:19 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Just for Fun

• My son had one and he did outgow it around 5, i think if its what you want for him them get it for him. I think its worth the money because he can be in it for atleast 3 yrs.
    jenn4443

Answer by jenn4443 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• all the car bed i've seen are the same size as toddler beds
    josiesmommy00

Answer by josiesmommy00 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• I think he will be out of it at around age 5.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:20 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My son loves his car bed! He is only five but has had it since 2. I expect him to be in that until near the end of elementary but you never know.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 3:25 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• if he's not super tall he'd probably fit in it for a while.
    i remember when i was little my neighbor who was the same age as I was had a car bed and we were like five or six...
    my 3 1/2 year old nephew has a thomas the train bed and hes as tall as most five year olds.
    ElsaSalsaaa

Answer by ElsaSalsaaa at 3:41 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• oh i guess i should add the matress and frame will be for a twin sized bed
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 3:48 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• My middle son used a car bed for about 3 years. It was one made by my BIL that used a twin mattress. It was perfect for him.
    jesse123456

Answer by jesse123456 at 8:03 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• thanks guys...we decided to go with a normal bed with drawers in it
    Anonymous

Comment by Anonymous (original poster) at 8:34 PM on Mar. 3, 2011