Why do you have to burn like 500 calories a day to loose weight.. >< Im a fatty hahaha

So I want to loose like 20lbs asap because i am wanting to look hot when i have to head back to SD in june.. think its possible to loose 20-30 lbs?

spitfire06

Asked by spitfire06 at 3:27 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• I think you can lose 20 lbs by June. Work out everyday and eat lots of fruits and veggies and whole grains. No sauce on sandwiches, only skim milk and reduced fat cheeses. A lb is 3500 calories. Cut out sodas..even diet!
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Just eat small portions, exercise and eat smart. You have three months, it is possible if you do it right. Good luck!!!
    arenad

Answer by arenad at 3:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Unless you are really overweight, you will be lucky to drop 4-5 lbs a month. That is without starving your body in which case it will pack it back on when you start eating again.
    Jademom07

Answer by Jademom07 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Well, you could get ridiculously sick like I did. I was on the Black Plague diet, as I like to call it. i lost 13lbs in a week, lol. Of course, I'm gaining it all back now that I'm not sick anymore and i'm starving...I ate almost a whole bag of cheetos. I'm only drinking water, though, so hey! Score one for the health nuts!
    erinwhitt

Answer by erinwhitt at 3:31 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• It is possible to lose, you just have to make the right choices, fresh fruits and veggies, and cut out as much fast food as you can and drink water and crystal light. I wish you luck!
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 3:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• hahahahhaa! Not a health nut! and I dont want to give up all food :) although veggies are okay and im in love with them! But staying in a hotel room does wonders to murder chances of a diet hahaha.. today is also day one of no pop.. and thanks to vitimins with caffine in them :) im doing good! haha
    spitfire06

Comment by spitfire06 (original poster) at 3:39 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• :) thank you guys!
    spitfire06

Comment by spitfire06 (original poster) at 3:40 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You can eat out and lose weight. Look on the websites to read nutritional info before you go. I have a few "safe" place to eat out where I already know what meals are 400-500 calories. Subway is one where it is easy to make healthy choices.
    ria7

Answer by ria7 at 3:44 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• ria7 what are your other places..? i know apple bee's is easy to make good choices at unless ur craving steak an potatoes haha
    spitfire06

Comment by spitfire06 (original poster) at 3:46 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• doctors say to only lose 1-2 pounds per week two pounds would be say like exercising and burning 500 calories plus eating 500 calories less or burn 500 calories by working out and lose 1 pound per week so 4-8 pounds per month is healthy and ok to due so you can due it by june
    djsmommy13

Answer by djsmommy13 at 3:49 PM on Feb. 23, 2011