Losing weight (help)

I have been on a diet for about a month and lost 9 lbs. My last couple days have been bad, emotionally. All I have been doing is eating. How can I get back on the right track without gaining it back plus more?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 3:28 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Diet & Fitness

• It's hard to get back on the wagon after falling off. You have completed the first step, admitting that you fell off. The next step is to reach for fresh fruits and veggies when you have the urge to snack....that's what I have to do and remind myself that its ok to spluge once in a while, or you will be giving up and not going back. I am a member of Weight Watchers and have lost alomst 50 pounds in the past year, and there are times that I have to take it day by day and there are others that I have to make myself make other choices. I wish you lots of luck and if you have any questions, feel free to look me up and ask me.
    djh0505

Answer by djh0505 at 3:37 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Don't let one day or a few bad days totally derail you. Just force yourself to STOP and get back on the horse. Remind yourself of the reasons you're doing this. Remind yourself that you've been doing so well so far, and you don't want to undo all that hard work. We all lose motivation along the way, and finding ways to overcome that is one of the keys to success. It's normal to have some ebb and flow with this. But it's important to get back the motivation and keep at it. Motivating yourself is a daily job- just like showering. A shower only lasts a day, then you need to do it again. Same thing with motivation.
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 4:53 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• You've just gotta get back on the wagon.
    UpSheRises

Answer by UpSheRises at 3:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Just jump back into it and make yourself do it.
    sstepph

Answer by sstepph at 8:46 AM on Mar. 3, 2011

• Just make up your mind and do it. Sometimes it can be hard to get your mind in teh right place, but really concentrate and stick with it.
    KTMOM

Answer by KTMOM at 3:44 PM on Mar. 4, 2011

• We all have bad days, (or weeks), but just put it behind you and start over.
    elasmimi

Answer by elasmimi at 9:06 AM on Mar. 18, 2011