When i was having my daughter the dr said she was stressed and pooped inside me

what does it mean and is it normal
i never asked my dr and my daughter is 3 now but i am just curious

jesslovesyou08

Asked by jesslovesyou08 at 3:30 PM on Feb. 23, 2011 in Pregnancy

• My dd did the same thing..when they broke my water they explained that all it meant was that she had a bowel movement while still inside, and that it's fairly common..I think they checked her as soon as she was born..she's a happy healthy almost 3 year old (3 in June).
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:04 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Usually that is a bad thing and they worry about her aspirating the poo into her lungs but I guess all is well if nothing else came of it.
    MelissaAnn224

Answer by MelissaAnn224 at 3:32 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• No, that is not normal and they get very worried, that she will aspirate on it.
    twinsplus2more

Answer by twinsplus2more at 3:35 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• That same thing, along with other complications, happened with my son. That, along with the other complications, led to my now 7 year old son being an emergency C-section.
    Rosehawk

Answer by Rosehawk at 3:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Well first, it's not really poop- it's meconium. But while it's not "normal" it's not very uncommon either. Doctors worry about it getting in the baby's lungs which can make them not breathe on their own when they are born. It happened to my sister and my SO's sister because they were both like 3 weeks late. They are both full grown adults and lead relatively heathy lives if not both a bit overweight and stubborn as all get out.

Next time your doctor tells you something you don't understand- ASK!
    meandrphoto

Answer by meandrphoto at 3:43 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Oh, and my dd was only a day late.
    mom_to_kenzie

Answer by mom_to_kenzie at 4:05 PM on Feb. 23, 2011

• Both of my kids did that, they are now 5 and 3 and perfectly healthy. My niece was just born 2 weeks ago did that too. So it does sound like it is common.
    Bubbie0809

Answer by Bubbie0809 at 4:23 PM on Feb. 23, 2011